Dana White says on Snoop's show the weed policy is 24 hours before a fight?

Kenjamito

Freakin Covid
@Blue
Reaction score
at 2:50

All of these times Nick Diaz was caught for weed, I didn't realize it's because he smoked within 24 hours of the fight. Dana goes on to say that his metabolite levels were so high in one test that he had to have smoked on his way to the octagon.

The problem with the "24 hour window" claim that Dana always makes is that the test the commissions use is so laughably imprecise that you can test positive months after smoking. It doesn't measure when you smoked, it measures metabolites, which is dreadfully inaccurate.

Yeah, that's the Gomi fight in Pride. It's generally accepted that because of his levels he was pretty high during the fight.

"Dana White said..."

dnB4qqk_d.jpg

Dana's gift for improvising lies, following through the lie, branching it out and keeping going for 10 minutes while keeping a straight face is admirable.

GOAT promoter.

My understating is the new rules have the limits different now... it's acceptable to smoke now but they want you sober in the day of the fight. (for A-Z reasons)

So you only have to stay clean 2-3 days before you fight. "24 hours" like Dana says it's cutting it close better be safe and give a few days.

Now Nick Diaz was on multiple violations of the same rule and he was in a different time when rules didn't allow it at all, so if he smoked in fight camp it could potentially show up on fight day in their tests with the very low limits that were in place at that time.. you had to stay clean 3 months or some shit to pass them.

Example Kelvin Gastlum popped with the new rules in place, on fight day test that means he smoked in the day off the fight, or close enough to trigger the very high allowed limits that are in place now.

Technically, that's the policy, but the commissions are totally averse to the actual science on what THC levels mean.

Any fighter who wants to smoke during camp should watch the Nick Diaz NSAC hearing where he got the five year suspension. They're playing with fire if they expect those people to be reasonable.

The problem with the "24 hour window" claim that Dana always makes is that the test the commissions use is so laughably imprecise that you can test positive months after smoking. It doesn't measure when you smoked, it measures metabolites, which is dreadfully inaccurate.

If that's the case then....oh.

Nick Diaz needs to be wasted on pots in order to fight. He's the MMA equivalent of a beta who needs to be drunk to talk to hoes at the club

i don't even think that's even the rule. Pretty sure its 24 hours total. 12 before the fight, and 12 after. But anyway, this guy above is right:

" it measures metabolites, which is dreadfully inaccurate."

All of these times Nick Diaz was caught for weed, I didn't realize it's because he smoked within 24 hours of the fight. Dana goes on to say that his metabolite levels were so high in one test that he had to have smoked on his way to the octagon.

lol

Source or research for research purposes.
USADA's very own website, for starters:

https://www.usada.org/substances/marijuana-faq/

The clearance time of a substance is the time taken for the substance to be completely eliminated from the body. This clearance time can vary between individuals and can depend on various factors such as metabolism rate and the build up of the substance in fatty tissue. Marijuana is an example of a slow metabolizer and could take weeks or months to clear completely from an athlete’s body, depending how it is consumed. Other factors that could impact the metabolism rate of marijuana are the quality, potency, and concentration of the product.

The test is by definition inaccurate if it can't measure the thing it's supposed to measure; its only purpose of discovery is to determine whether the athlete has smoked in the 24 hour window, but if they're only testing for metabolites that by USADA's own admission can take months to clear the body, you're only proving use took place in potentially the previous MONTHS, not hours as is the rule.

how can they police that properly when its in your system for so long?

They raised the levels so you don't test positive as easily... however Dana just made up that 24 hour shit.

A if you're a heavy smoker your levels will stay higher longer and is diaz case he prob has to stop for a week

B they just raised those levels I know that's not what they were the first two times he popped

Kelvins test was definitely not 24 hours before a fight

Since there is video evidence that he didn't, can we say there something is wrong with the test?

Are anxiety medications allowed does anyone know? I guess it wouldn't be safe cause it would slow your brain and body down but pre-fight nerves must be intense

Back