Over/Under Gohkan Saki does better than CM Punk?

ARONAbeetFEDOR

Blackest Belt
@Black
Reaction score
He's surprisingly young at 33. I thought he was like 41 for some reason. Has he been secretly training wrestling and BJJ intensively for 2 years?

Define better? He might get subbed 3 times in a row but we ALL know he can actually fight.

Gohkan Saki's grandmother would fare better than CM Derp did

He's surprisingly young at 33. I thought he was like 41 for some reason. Has he been secretly training wrestling and BJJ intensively for 2 years?
U realize anybody with a record in any sport anywhere would have done better... CM Punk didn't even compete in high school, let alone any pro sporting event.

Regardless, can u atleast give a source of ur claims about the 2 year BJJ/Wrestling training? with who? and where?

33 years old with 96 fights under ur resume and coming out of a 2 year retirement is pretty fucking old milage-wise.

I can tell u his debut will be at September tho

EDIT: Saki is not dumb enough to disregard grappling like Toney did, however, this is still pretty damn hard... Overeem was competing in grappling tournaments

Saki can knock out anyone in the UFC if they stand with him. Punk couldn't knock out Jonathan Goulet. So ya, Saki is gonna do better than Punk.

of course he will do better, he is a legit kickboxing world championship calibre fighter. if his grappling/TDD is even slightly good he will be a force

Roy Nelson is dumb enough to stand with him and he'd probably take the fight for a lifetime supply of meals at Golden Corral .

That's a pretty low bar OP. I think the average Sherbro could do about as well as CM Punk.

Supposedly he has been training mma for a few years now because he planned on moving to mma a while ago because kickboxing pay was Shit.

He will be fed a few strikers and probably get a couple knockouts, so yes, he will do better than the WWE guy

Well, he probably could beat Mickey Gall by size....

Who knows though.

CM Punk was a pro wrestler with no athletic background, Saki is one of the best strikers on the planet

I'd say the chances are pretty high

Saki would murder CM, why are they even in the same sentence......?

I always got the impression that a lot of the Glory fighters dipped there toes a little into each others sports in training so I wouldn't be supprised if he has grappling experience going back awhile.

Punk wouldn't have any straight edges left to him if they fought.

Depends who they match him up with, at this point I could see him KO'ing Manuwa or Shogun.

CM Punk was a pro wrestler with no athletic background, Saki is one of the best strikers on the planet

I'd say the chances are pretty high

Crappy striker will get punched out or arm triangled in 20 seconds just as elite one, if they both can't grapple - that's the catch.

At least he has one aspect of MMA covered and not just covered, but mastered. His striking.

I am also willing to bet his grappling is far better than CM Punk' s. But regardless, he will probably still get taken down and held down by any LHW with decent wrestling.

I expect him to KO a few unranked guys, maybe even someone decent that stubbornly stands with him. But I don't expect him to develop a Cro Cop level takedown defense and ground defense so quickly like Mirko did. I dont see him beating anyone in the top ten because they would probably all outgrapple him. I will definitely be rooting for him though.

you're asking if one of the best strikers in the world would do better than some old actor who's never had a fight and has had minimal training. kinda a stupid question, really

Back