Is this the last chance for Glover and Gus?

Ozze

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
The winner of this fight may have a chance at the title since the LHW division is so thin.

But the is the loser done for good?

Glover already fought for the title and lost, and he's 37 already.
Gus is young (30), but already fought for the title twice and came short on both.

Can any of them bounce back from a loss to a title run?

It wouldn't be right to hand the winner a title shot, and the loser a ticket to nowhere. That's like saying: you beat a bum, here's your title shot!

But it would obviously take some crawling back to contention for the loser.

I mean in a UFC division where 2017 Dad Bod Shogun is ranked #4, I think it is safe to say that the loser will still be in the mix after one or two wins.

Glover didn't look good what so ever in his last performance don't see how he wins this. But for sure it's his last chance.

Think Gus stops Glover

If that occurs then Glover should think about being a full-time coach at his hometown gym...

the loser will fight fight someone like Pat Cummins or Jan Błachowicz and be right back in title contention.

Remember back in the day divisions had a gatekeeper that was top 5ish. They will never win the title but if you beat them you probably earned a title shot.

That's Glover. Possibly Gus if he loses this upcoming fight.

I mean in a UFC division where 2017 Dad Bod Shogun is ranked #4, I think it is safe to say that the loser will still be in the mix after one or two wins.
Came here to say this. NOBODY is out of it in what's left of this watered down division.

Remember back in the day divisions had a gatekeeper that was top 5ish. They will never win the title but if you beat them you probably earned a title shot.

Would still be Bader but Bellator. Sucks he never got his shot.

The winner of this fight may have a chance at the title since the LHW division is so thin.

But the is the loser done for good?

Glover already fought for the title and lost, and he's 37 already.
Gus is young (30), but already fought for the title twice and came short on both.

I don't know if it's the last chance on paper, but I have to believe it is in actuality. One is getting up there and the other has become Mr Almost.

It depends on the LHW talent they bring in but i'd say it's Glover's last chance before father time takes him down, yea.

You just described 96% of Bisping's career

It wouldn't be right to hand the winner a title shot, and the loser a ticket to nowhere. That's like saying: you beat a bum, here's your title shot!

But it would obviously take some crawling back to contention for the loser.

I kinda see what you are saying; Gus loses two and wins a clear(not overwhelming) fight vs Blachowicz and against an old Texeira but who else is there? Misha has a nice streak against unknowns and even if he beats Volkan(who?) he is still too unknown for a title shot.

Neither one of them is sniffing a title. Gatekeeper vs. Journeyman at this point. I like the loser leaves town clause. Should have been in the contract.

Back