(video) Alexander Gustafsson hopes for title shot with a win over Glover Teixeira at UFC Stockholm

Glover is old and he looks like it. If Gus doesn't finish him within the first, then I don't think he should be talking "deserve."

Gus was getting lit up by Jan, and he decided to lay-n-pray his way to victory, and I don't think he has fought since.

He needs to show more.

If he gets a title shot after this then it once again just proves how weak the division is in my opinion. I'd like to see him have a rematch with either DC or Jones because he's basically the only guy in the division that can give them a real fight, but I think it should depend on how he looks vs. Glover.

If he beats Glover impressively, then sure, give him a title shot, but if he looks like shit, I think he should maybe have to beat someone else too then. It likely won't go this way and Gus would end up with a title shot no matter what, because honestly, who else is there in the division?

Either way I have Gus winning via KO/TKO since Glover is kinda slow, pretty hittable and doesn't have that great of a chin IMO. We'll see what happens though. Gus/Jones and Gus/DC rematches are much better than Glover vs. Jones or DC because Glover will definitely lose them, unlike Gus who actually has a real chance.

Gus beating Glover is the best possible outcome for the division as a whole in my opinion. More interesting match ups will happen if Gus wins. Glover will surely lose to both DC and Jones, so.

I like this gatekeepers optimism. HOPE springs ETERNAL!

Would love to see Jones vs Gustafsson II,not so much a rematch with Cormier even tho it was a war.

Let's be realistic. Even if Gus barely squeaks by Glover, who else is there to fight Jones/DC winner in that scenario besides him?

Would love to see Jones vs Gustafsson II,not so much a rematch with Cormier even tho it was a war.

Why don't you want to see a rematch with Cormier? It was a great and very competitive fight and Gus came pretty close to finishing DC. I would love to see either rematch. But Gus needs to find a way to stop fading in championship rounds. In the Jones fight the elbow fucked him up, which is understandable but against DC he gassed hard and lost the championship rounds which cost him the fight. If he can push hard for 5 rounds he has a decent shot at winning the belt.

Why don't you want to see a rematch with Cormier? It was a great and very competitive fight and Gus came pretty close to finishing DC. I would love to see either rematch. But Gus needs to find a way to stop fading in championship rounds. In the Jones fight the elbow fucked him up, which is understandable but against DC he gassed hard and lost the championship rounds which cost him the fight. If he can push hard for 5 rounds he has a decent shot at winning the belt.
Don't know,for now i just don't have interest in that fight.Cormier is a harder fight for Gus and he is on a way out kinda,while Jon will be here for years to come.Its a risky fight for Gus considering that Cormier will leave soon.

He'll probably get one with a loss anyway.
giphy.gif

he's probably right if he wins or if jones wins or loses he could face him next

If Jones beats DC and Gus destroys Glover I can easily see it

Doesn't matter whether it's him or Manuwa

'cause win streak Shogun is going to be holding that belt come 2018

<5>

Back