TJ vs Edgar

PerpetualWB

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Not saying it's going to happen, but it would actually be a great fight at 135 if Edgar was willing to move down. Who would you guys have in that?

Inb4 a bunch of people say Frankie destroys him because they don't understand how to match fighters up realistically.

I'd watch that before I watch DJ vs TJ. Fuck it, there both healthy and there company men. Book it.

Inb4 a bunch of people say Frankie destroys him because they don't understand how to match fighters up realistically.
They match up pretty similarly in terms of their stature and backgrounds. With that said, Edgar HAS beaten a lot of better and bigger guys. How do you think it would go? I think Edgar could take TJ down and keep him there in dominant top control.

Frankenstein fighting a guy he has a size advantage over?

Frankie would fucking kill him man

I'd love to see Frankie go down to 135 if Aldo beats Holloway.

Frankie vs TJ, Dom, or Cody would be awesome.

I don't see TJ being able to hurt Frankie on the feet and without that Frankie wins this one all day long.

I'd love to see Frankie go down to 135 if Aldo beats Holloway.

Frankie vs TJ, Dom, or Cody would be awesome.
What do you think happens in the Aldo Holloway fight? I'm rooting for Holloway just because I want to see the Frankie vs Holloway fight. I just don't see where Frankie goes besides BW if Holloway loses. TJ just came to mind because I know he wants an opponent and Frankie WOULD be an awesome interim title fight IMO. I know the timing won't allow that to happen since Frankie still wants to see how things play out at FW.

They match up pretty similarly in terms of their stature and backgrounds. With that said, Edgar HAS beaten a lot of better and bigger guys. How do you think it would go? I think Edgar could take TJ down and keep him there in dominant top control.

I don't know how it would go because of how they match up. I can call almost any fight, but this is one of those fights where I don't actually know how it'd go down.

I can see Frankie taking him down a few times, but holding TJ down is easier said than done. He always gets up very quickly every time. Getting him down in general is hard enough, but keeping him down has never been done before.

Frankie is one of the best wrestlers in the lighter divisions, but TJ is pretty damn good himself. He trains with some of he best wrestlers/grapplers in the lighter divisions, so he's very good in that aspect.

I'm not saying Frankie wouldn't be able to hold him down or that TJ would win, just that he's no slouch in that aspect. I wouldn't be surprised if Frankie couldn't keep him down, but I wouldn't be surprised if he couldn't and that TJ ended up winning.

Stylistically, it's a very good match up and it's just one of those fights that I can't call because like I said, I don't know what would happen.

lol but he would...........

Please explain why you think that.

Frankie does destroy him though ?

Like boxers love to go on about, there is levels even in MMA and Frankie is on another level

giphy.gif

Don't throw that out there. Dilly is dumb enough to take it. I'm sorry Dilly is one of my favorite fighters right now but he has the worst representation.

Don't throw that out there. Dilly is dumb enough to take it. I'm sorry Dilly is one of my favorite fighters right now but he has the worst representation.
I mean there really would be no shame in losing to Frankie, an all time great...

I mean there really would be no shame in losing to Frankie, an all time great...
That's the problem. This is a sport for you and a business for him.

It is not in his best interests to take a fight against anyone except Garbrandt. There is no legitimate reason for him to take another fight unless the UFC is going to throw 7 figures his way. And they aren't.

Frankie does destroy him though ?

Like boxers love to go on about, there is levels even in MMA and Frankie is on another level

<{cruzshake}>

He isn't "on another level" in comparison to TJ. I'm not saying he wouldn't beat TJ, but he wouldn't walk through him like you (and many others) want to believe.

As they always say - styles make fights and stylistically speaking, this is a very good match up that could go either way. TJ is better than both Faber and Mendes (Mendes does better in a rematch by the way).

TJ can definitely win this. I'm not going to get into any details about it because it'd just be a waste of time, but this is nobealk in the park for Edgar. I'm still waiting for someone to explain why they believe Frankie definitely wins.

Stylistically, this is one of the most intriguing fights that could possibly happen today.

Inb4 some fool(s) mention Edgar being bigger and that being part of the reason why he'd win.

That's the problem. This is a sport for you and a business for him.

It is not in his best interests to take a fight against anyone except Garbrandt. There is no legitimate reason for him to take another fight unless the UFC is going to throw 7 figures his way. And they aren't.
Well he's willing to fight DJ, so obviously he isn't set on only fighting Garbrandt.

What do you think happens in the Aldo Holloway fight? I'm rooting for Holloway just because I want to see the Frankie vs Holloway fight. I just don't see where Frankie goes besides BW if Holloway loses. TJ just came to mind because I know he wants an opponent and Frankie WOULD be an awesome interim title fight IMO. I know the timing won't allow that to happen since Frankie still wants to see how things play out at FW.
I'd be pretty excited for Edgar vs Max but I'm picking Aldo to win the striking battle.

Well he's willing to fight DJ, so obviously he isn't set on only fighting Garbrandt.
You missed my point. It's stupid to offer to fight Johnson as well.

Dilly has the worst representation.

<{cruzshake}>

He isn't "on another level" in comparison to TJ. I'm not saying he wouldn't beat TJ, but he wouldn't walk through him like you (and many others) want to believe.

As they always say - styles make fights and stylistically speaking, this is a very good match up that could go either way. TJ is better than both Faber and Mendes (Mendes does better in a rematch by the way).

TJ can definitely win this. I'm not going to get into any details about it because it'd just be a waste of time, but this is nobealk in the park for Edgar. I'm still waiting for someone to explain why they believe Frankie definitely wins.

Inb4 some fool(s) mention Edgar being bigger and that being part of the reason why he'd win.
Edgar isn't even really bigger than DJ, and if he is, it's not by much. I definitely don't think you can say that would be the difference in the matchup. I DO think Frankie being used to fighting bigger competition could be a factor though. He knows he can time strikes of longer opponents, take punches of more powerful guys, and take them down. He's also fought a lot of better competition. Confidence would be on his side, which IS a factor.

From a technical side, I think it's really close. I just don't think TJ has faced anyone with Frankie's top control. Where Cruz was able to time take downs against TJ, I think Frankie could time them just as well AND be more successful on top. People underrate his top game and think of Frankie as just a wrestler instead of considering his black belt under Almeida.

Back