Is there a fighter that has bounced back from three loses in a row?

ApplesVild

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
With Wideman up shit creek but convinced he can make a come back I'm wondering are there any other fighters out that who had a good run, then lost three (or more) in a row and then made a successful come back? And I don't mean lose three, win one, lose again. I mean made it back to being a top contender close to the belt?

Mark Hunt I guess? He lost 6 fights in a row in PRIDE+DREAM+UFC, and ended up fighting for the UFC interim title

Nick Diaz. Lost his last 6 fights and still gets offered a TS.

Arlovski rebounded well from his big slump that ended with Sergei KO'ing him. He's come full circle now.

Robbie Lawler lost 3 from 4 a couple of times and came back to be world champ

Evan Dunham. Lost 3 in a row, 4 out of 5. And was finished the last 2 losses.

Now he's on a 4 fight win streak and close to breaking top 10 again in the UFCs most stacked division

Tim Elliot. Suffered 3 losses, cut from UFC, and is now 8-1 in his last 9 fights with his loss being from Mighty Mouse (arguably his toughest defense).

Overeem had a rough 2006/2007 run and had come back pretty well.

Tim Elliot. Suffered 3 losses, cut from UFC, and is now 8-1 in his last 9 fights with his loss being from Mighty Mouse (arguably his toughest defense).
That was a great fight, but anyone with 2 wins gets a shot at DJ.

Arlovski rebounded well from his big slump that ended with Sergei KO'ing him. He's come full circle now.
AA actually lost 4 in a row - and was a fight away from a title shot in the ufc in his comeback. that's the most dramatic one I can think of.

Robbie Lawler lost 3 from 4 a couple of times and came back to be world champ
This was my first thought, Robbie lost a lot of interest and motivation during the dwindling Strikeforce years, lacklustre performances and defeats against Shields, Jacare, Kennedy, Babalu & Larkin made me think he was done with MMA, just didn't seem to care any more. And then boom

Vitor Belfort alos lost a few back to back before becoming almost top dog. Obviously he was aided, by Jesus

Shogun has also recently shown that with the right opponents you can get back in contention.
The guy was written off by damn near everyone

Matt Brown lost to Ricardo Almeida, Chris Lytle, and Brian Foster all by round 2 submission... then got a win, then got tapped by Seth Bacynski. He was pretty much thought to be a low level gatekeeper barely UFC level at that point. Then he won 7 in a row, knocking out all of them except Wonderboy.

Now he has lost 5 of his last 6..... but all against killers (except ellenberger).. hopefully he can get it back together.

I suspect Holly will be doing it real soon.

So the answer is yes, not uncommon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back