I used to be a fan of Demetrious Johnson...

EJF1984

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
And would defend him and the 125 lb. division whenever people talked shit about him not being the true p4p, weak manlet division, etc.

But no more. How do you not take advantage of TJ calling you out and bringing huge interest and exposure to a weak division? Insane.

This guy just wants to fight bums.

(not saying Borg is a bum, but you get the picture).

He's still my toddler!

Yeah its a disgrace

All the bitching and complaining he does about not getting enough respect and pay etc

Well heres his chance to get insane respect and solidify himself as a true great plus open the door to a higher paying contract and he decides to do everything in his power to run away from it

Seems he wants easy fights and to complain and whine

I have lost respect

Tbf to Mouse isn't he supposed to be breaking some title defense record soon? If I put myself in his shoes I might be thinking "Oh now that I'm about to break the record they wanna send a contender down from a higher division to fight me IMMEDIATELY?"

He definitely lost fans with this attitude and he already had only a handful of fans. This was the first time he had a real chance to shut up all his haters and he sorely disappointed.

Tbf to Mouse isn't he supposed to be breaking some title defense record soon? If I put myself in his shoes I might be thinking "Oh now that I'm about to break the record they wanna send a contender down from a higher division to fight me IMMEDIATELY?"

or I'd be thinking "People have been criticizing me and my record for beating tuf winners, now is the chance to legitimize it by beating a real threat for my record so it actually holds some significance"

but then again I might duck like MM just to make a meaningless record with tuf winners so that I can say I am a big record holder in UFC

Since none of us are in the negotiations we should give him some credit. Maybe he requested a little more change since the fight would be a big hype and against a larger fighter. Maybe he feels he should be able to say yes or no like so many other champs (Bisping for example).

or I'd be thinking "People have been criticizing me and my record for beating tuf winners, now is the chance to legitimize it by beating a real threat for my record so it actually holds some significance"

but then again I might duck like MM just to make a meaningless record with tuf winners so that I can say I am a big record holder in UFC

Or maybe he's trying to do both, get the record then fight TJ

Since none of us are in the negotiations we should give him some credit. Maybe he requested a little more change since the fight would be a big hype and against a larger fighter. Maybe he feels he should be able to say yes or no like so many other champs (Bisping for example).

Aren't most of us complaining about Bisping attitude?

Or maybe he's trying to do both, get the record then fight TJ

That is exactly what he is trying to do, duck TJ so he can make a meaningless record full of nobodies because he knows TJ is a real threat. He can then fight TJ and even if he loses, he keeps his record which is a bitch move and nobody sould give him credit for that meaningless record. Also, who knows what happens with TJ, maybe he fights Cody and stays at a higher weight class win or lose. And especially if TJ loses to Cody, the allure of MM vs TJ would go down significantly. This is the only right time to make this fight but MM is coming off as a huge duck.

That is exactly what he is trying to do, duck TJ so he can make a meaningless record full of nobodies because he knows TJ is a real threat. He can then fight TJ and even if he loses, he keeps his record which is a bitch move and nobody sould give him credit for that meaningless record. Also, who knows what happens with TJ, maybe he fights Cody and stays at a higher weight class win or lose. And especially if TJ loses to Cody, the allure of MM vs TJ would go down significantly. This is the only right time to make this fight but MM is coming off as a huge duck.

Kinda agree. If if there was some effort by the UFC to sabotage his pursuit of the record, then good. Setting that record at 125 lbs would be the mother of all asterisks lmao

Why can't he move up or make it catch weight at 130, then he keeps his belt and record intact...

It's a bit early to jump to this conclusion right? Has that fight officially been declared no-go?
DJ could just making a power move...."don't tell everyone we are fighting when you've barely talked to me about it"

He's more interested in breaking the defense record than testing himself against the best which is understandable. Unfortunately he's also more interested in the defenses record than the fans are.

It's possible DJ is just using this as a negotiating ploy.

He fought and beat a guy who knocked TJ out.

As for complaining about him fighting TUF winners, it's too bad that TJ failed to win TUF.

Back