Overeem: Still a terrible match up for Doom? Should Doom get a TS if he beats Reem?

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Overeem had his ups and downs in the ufc, but he´s still a killer on the feet and just a bad match up for Werdum imo.

overeem-ko-jds.gif

UnripeDirectBaldeagle-size_restricted.gif

PaltryMammothClownanemonefish.gif

giphy.gif

What do you guys think, can Werdum be competitive on the feet this time? Or...
1.gif
e9e37764fc0bbc9a0bfbafd6e37abba3.jpg

Thoughts?

Last edited:
It is a moot point. Werdum is going to lose to Overeem.

Reems chin cracked several times after that fight with Werdum. Im not sure how much he can keep on running in the octagon
because werdum improved since then

Overeem had his ups and downs in the ufc, but he´s still a killer on the feet and just a bad match up for Werdum imo.

overeem-ko-jds.gif

giphy.gif

What do you guys think, is Werdum gonna be prepared this time? Or...
1.gif

Thoughts?

"...but he´s still a runner on his feet"

werdum needs to fight a lot smarter than he did vs stipe and he should be ok. overeems skill and power can stop any hw but it takes a summer breeze to stun him and werdum is more than capable of tkoing the reem. prediction werdum by UD in a snoozefest

Doom stat is just out of this world. Reem is in so much trouble
dr_doom_by_clayton_crain_by_superman8193-d5kj0qa.jpg

Cain is one the most skilled strikers in UFC HW, and Werdum held his own against him. I just wanna remind everyone that Werdums striking has improved since Overeem vs Werdum first faced each others

Werdum's stand up is a lot better now and Reem is even more chinny...barring another brain fart like vs Stipe, Werdum should be competitive standing.

I hope overreem just Knocks him out quickly. Should he do so, he'll probably get the next ts.

no disrespect to stipe but if reem keeps punching he would of been UFC HW champ. Guess it just shows Stipe heart and fight though.

Would love to see a rematch as it seems like Reem is the only dude thats done anything to Stipe in the past few years.

Werdum's stand up is a lot better now and Reem is even more chinny...barring another brain fart like vs Stipe, Werdum should be competitive standing.

Agree. Doom's biggest obstacle is Doom himself..

Hilarious how badly Werdum's standup is overrated.

His standup was good in count it, 1, 1 fight. That was against the human punching bag Travis Browne in their first fight. He is going to buttscoot like hell again or stand with Overeem and lose.

Last edited:
You have to think it will go down like the last match in Strikeforce. Werdum isn't built to control Overeem in the clinch or force position for a sub. Even if he lays and tries to pull Overeem into guard Reem will just grab his ankles and kick his knees. On the feet Overeem has gotten cocky and let guys tag him when he didn't respect their standup or power. But that means Werdum would be committing to playing against an opponent's biggest strength. If I were to lay money on it I would go with a conservative Overeem for a decision win.

HW just needs new blood.

Werdum was a fringe guy in Pride.
Reem was another fringe guy in Pride.
Shows how HW is nothing compared to the glory days of 15 years ago.

You have to think it will go down like the last match in Strikeforce. Werdum isn't built to control Overeem in the clinch or force position for a sub. Even if he lays and tries to pull Overeem into guard Reem will just grab his ankles and kick his knees. On the feet Overeem has gotten cocky and let guys tag him when he didn't respect their standup or power. But that means Werdum would be committing to playing against an opponent's biggest strength. If I were to lay money on it I would go with a conservative Overeem for a decision win.
That was Ubereem, tho. Big difference.

Another unnecessary rematch. Cain Werdum is the only rematch i care about.
Overeem by Ko

Hilarious how badly Werdum's standup is overrated.

His standup was good in count it, 1, 1 fight. That was against the human punching bag Travis Browne in their first fight. He is going to buttscoot like hell again or stand with Overeem and lose.
U do know he tko'ed mark hunt, right?

overeem-ko-jds.gif

giphy.gif

What do you guys think, can Werdum be competitive on the feet this time? Or...
1.gif

Thoughts?
Both fighters got much better in my opinion.

I can't wait for this fight. Top HW bouts are something else.

Back