If Gus gets brutally KTFO again in Sweden?

TheViking

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Man that's gonna be a hard one to recover from mentally?

The retirement talk has already been up some time ago. Do you think he's done if he loses on sunday in devastating fashion?

If anyone is getting KO'd I would imagine its Glover.

His chin has been shattered.

And he gets rocked quite often to boot.

Then he should have a rule to only face crappy guys if he headlines a hometown card?

It would be tough for Gus, but the Swedish crowd would love to see one of their own lose.

If he gets KO'd again he'll probably have a bunch of hot Swedish sympathy poon waiting for him at the hospital. He'll be fine.

I think he might stick around because he really hasn't had many fights after he became a big name and the division is shallow. I don't know how much he makes, but it must be decent at this point.

Yep. My guess is the next fight Gus loses unless it was a controversial decision he's going to get on the mic and announce his retirement.

If Gus loses and retires I will officially stop watching MMA and retire from Sherdog.

The Swedish are totally cool with their own getting violated severely (women generally) so I don't see it being a big deal...I also see Glover knocking him out.

If gus gets lit up and stopped then lhw is a sham besides cormier and jones seeing as how glover was recently erased and left toothless.

Won't happen, hard hitting black guys are his kryptonite, Glover is hard hitting Brazilian dude. He'll be ok.

Well, you see, this is where I differ with most of you basement dwellers.

I don't think any talented fighter would actually quit after their first KO/TKO loss. No matter what they say during the aftermath.

I'd say it's got more to do with the immediate "shock" of not being able to avoid the inevitable. Because the fighter in question had done so in all his previous fights (18 of them). It's kinda easy then to start thinking you're very close to reach greatness, when not even Jon Jones could make you look like a bad fighter in there.

But that's the thing, I don't think that mindset is still there at this point. If Gustafsson would be knocked out, he would be more prepared for it this time. It wouldn't hit him as hard mentally at this stage, as it did when it was the very first time.

If he gets Rumbled again, then retirement 100%.

Won't happen, hard hitting black guys are his kryptonite, Glover is hard hitting Brazilian dude. He'll be ok.

Even if Glover's overall mma-skills is at a higher level than Gus's, his striking is pretty one dimensional. "He'll be ok" you say, I hope so and there is some strong evidence for it since Gus's track record shows that is a pretty fucking durable fighter (against "Elite of the Elite" competition in LHW) I mean Rumble, a freaking hard hitting guy, got a TKO victory over Gus, it was never lights out for Gus, despite all of the brutal hits he gave Gus.

Size and range is also on Gus side here.

Let us not forget that when Glover gets hit, or more or less starts losing the striking battle he goes for take downs.

His reactions is like: "Let's cover up and weather the storm" by getting a take down.

If this becomes a reality it might not rescue him against Gus since he has good defensive wrestling.

While Gus, who has more versatility in his string "weathers the storm" by being more defensive, changing angles and pick different types of shots.

Last edited:
I think he might stick around because he really hasn't had many fights after he became a big name and the division is shallow. I don't know how much he makes, but it must be decent at this point.

This is an understatement. I was just looking at his resume the other day and was like wtf

2017: 0 fights so far
2016: 1 fight
2015: 2 fights
2014: 1 fight
2013: 1 fight
2012: 2 fights

If the fight on Sat happens then we're looking at 8 fights in 6 years (assuming he doesn't fight again this year). Gus is one of my favorite LHWs to watch but now I realize why I always forget he even exists

He'll probably cover up that dumb tattoo, but I doubt he'd retire. The dudes a very good fighter. Even if he loses to Tex, he's top 10, and will always be able to anchor European cards.

Neither Bones nor Cormier are particularly hard hitting. Not really sure you can call rumble alone his kryptonite.

Back