Prime Fedor @ Middleweight vs Yoel Romero

MescalineDreams

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Fedor could easily cut to 185. Yoel would probably even be a little bigger.

who takes it?

Fedor could easily cut to middleweight?
Source? How many middleweights are his size?

Prime Fedor was almost 240 pounds.

Fedor could easily cut to middleweight?
Source? How many middleweights are his size?
Well Fedor carries a lot of fat on him. He weighed In @ 220 against Henderson, still had quite a bit of fat on him. He could definitely make the weight, Yoel probably walks around @ close to 220 outside of fight camp.

Well Fedor carries a lot of fat on him. He weighed In @ 220 against Henderson, still had quite a bit of fat on him. He could definitely make the weight, Yoel probably walks around @ close to 220 outside of fight camp.

Based on fedor's extensive experience in weight cutting?

I mean, let's be real. Fedor Is 5'11 with a 74 Inch reach. He's built like a middleweight. He just happened to be a guy who didn't believe In cutting weight.

It's a testament to how great and how rare of a fighter Fedor Is / was..because he wasn't a very big guy at all and carried a lot of fat on him but fought @ HW for his entire career.

im going there. Cage or ring? Actually Fedor takes both

Man that'd be one hell of an exciting fight. Fedor was so aggressive it'd force Romero to be aggressive. Definitely would pay to see that one. And just for the record, yes Fedor could make 185. People thought DC couldn't make 205 and when he weighs in he still has plenty of fat on him.

Fedor has fought explosive high level wrestlers before, with the difference that the ones he fought had 40 pounds on Romero and were openly juicing. He'd be fine.

If fedor could cut to middleweight, which I seriously doubt, he would not be the same. He was obviously confortable fighting at HW and could only be worth at such an unnatural weight.

Vovchanchyn said that he felt much better at HW, even if he was fat, than at LHW, where he had less energy, despite looking much better. And he's smaller than fedor.

Dude, some people have metabolism so they will never be ripped. Do you really think "prime" Fedor didn't train as hard as other more jacked fighters? He struck you as not doing as much cardio as other fighters? I'd imagine he could never make LHW let alone MW. And in any case he'd beat the living f-ck out of Yoel easy. Romero's a talented enough kid but compared to prime Fedor he's out of his league..

And don't tell me about Romero's "power" if you've seen Fedor survive the Randle-plex and son Crocop.

Romero would not be able to overpower him. Romero would probably gas out and get subbed or knocked out unless he managed to pull a stool gate every round and go the distance.

Prime Fedor was almost 240 lbs..Look at how big he is during his pride fights. Especially vs Nog, fujita, Randleman...He is thick as fuck and was built like a bear.. He would NOT cut to 185. Prime Fedor walks through Yoel easily.

Fedor_Emelianenko_With_Kettlebells-11135.jpg

If fedor could cut to middleweight, which I seriously doubt, he would not be the same. He was obviously confortable fighting at HW and could only be worth at such an unnatural weight.

Vovchanchyn said that he felt much better at HW, even if he was fat, than at LHW, where he had less energy, despite looking much better. And he's smaller than fedor.
It's all a matter of doing It correctly. Getting with a proper nutrition coach and things of that nature. Mike dolce and a few other guys could get a guy with Fedor's frame down to 185 and probably have him feeling pretty good as well.

Weight cutting was pretty primitive In those days and still Is In many ways but It's been evolving , with a greater emphasis on "doing it right"

Back