Stipe thinks he has a chance against Anthony Joshua "Surprise"

Kneepocalypse

This is your god now.
@Silver
Reaction score
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/5/2...-i-think-id-surprise-a-lot-of-people-ufc-news

“If the fight happens, me against Joshua would be a great fight,” Miocic said. “I think I’d surprise a lot of people, I think it’d be an amazing fight ... let’s do it! He’s a great guy. He’s tough, he’s a champion for a reason. I think I’d give him a run for his money.”

“I do a lot of boxing and I’ve boxed before, working on my boxing I think I’d be fine,” he later added. “He’s a tough guy, he’s the best in the world. But, I’m pretty tough, too.”

Lets be clear: Stipe has almost as little chance as Conor does against Floyd.

Joshua is a gold medalist and the unified heavyweight champion of the world. Stipe is a golden gloves champion... from a regional Cleveland tournament. Joshua just KO'd one of the best heavyweight boxers of the modern era.

The only "surprise" if this fight were to happen is that Stipe would be brutalized and KO'd early.

Stipe be trippin.

Stipe actually has a better chance than Conor. Regardless of Joshua being the 1000x superior boxer, they're both heavyweights. Stipe might not be anywhere near a world class boxer, but he definitely knows how to throw a punch. We've also seen Joshua get dropped with I believe a straight right against Klitch.

All I'm saying is, they're heavyweights with huge power. It only takes one hit from either guy to finish it. I give Stipe a 20-30% chance

People have to realize at this point that MMA fighters just want boxing matches for the money. People do realize that right?

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/5/2...-i-think-id-surprise-a-lot-of-people-ufc-news

“If the fight happens, me against Joshua would be a great fight,” Miocic said. “I think I’d surprise a lot of people, I think it’d be an amazing fight ... let’s do it! He’s a great guy. He’s tough, he’s a champion for a reason. I think I’d give him a run for his money.”

“I do a lot of boxing and I’ve boxed before, working on my boxing I think I’d be fine,” he later added. “He’s a tough guy, he’s the best in the world. But, I’m pretty tough, too.”

Lets be clear: Stipe has almost as little chance as Conor does against Floyd.

Joshua is a gold medalist and the unified heavyweight champion of the world. Stipe is a golden gloves champion... from a regional Cleveland tournament. Joshua just KO'd one of the best heavyweight boxers of the modern era.

The only "surprise" if this fight were to happen is that Stipe would be brutalized and KO'd early.

Stipe be trippin.

Oh... another HW MMA claimin´he can beat a HW Boxing Champ...

Stipe kills him with teh jab.

Stips fan since Machine Gun Kelly days but he would get BOX KTFO in 1RD like McGregor will if he tries to box with Money.

compared to most of Joshua's opponents Stipe is world class.... AJ has only fought like 2 good opponents in his entire career

Id obviously favour Joshua if they boxed though

I think it's about time that MMA and boxing combined into one sport.

People have to realize at this point that MMA fighters just want boxing matches for the money. People do realize that right?
Of course. That doesnt mean we cant point out how silly their claims are.

compared to most of Joshua's opponents Stipe is world class.... AJ has only fought like 2 good opponents in his entire career

Id obviously favour Joshua if they boxed though

Joshua has many opponents who are better boxers than Stipe Miocic even if Joshua just recently stepped up to the world level. Are you basing Miocic's boxing talent on his amateur creds, because they're far less impressive when they're actually scrutinized.

This kind of delusion isn't a good look. MMA doesn't need its champions to be brutally knocked out.

I hope Stipe doesn't actually believe he can box Joshua, since that would sour my opinion of him somewhat.

Stipe Miocic couldn't beat Bryant Jennings in the golden gloves. For perspective, Bryant Jennings's biggest career accomplishment was not getting KO'd by Wladimir Klitschko before getting KO'd by Luis Ortiz.

Stop writing stories about this, stop encouraging these people.

Joshua has several opponents who are better boxers than Stipe Miocic even if Joshua just recently stepped up to the world level.
I was obviously exaggerating slightly, but honestly man you would be surprised at some of the bums they through at AJ..... he can only fight who is put in front of him, I dont blame him in the slightest and he is obviously a brilliant fighter(and as I said would beat Stipe quite clearly). I blame his promoter Eddie Hearn for putting people who had no business in there with AJ.

I think I shouldve went into more detail in my intitial post ;)

Stipe actually has a better chance than Conor. Regardless of Joshua being the 1000x superior boxer, they're both heavyweights. Stipe might not be anywhere near a world class boxer, but he definitely knows how to throw a punch. We've also seen Joshua get dropped with I believe a straight right against Klitch.

All I'm saying is, they're heavyweights with huge power. It only takes one hit from either guy to finish it. I give Stipe a 20-30% chance

Joshua got dropped one time, by an all time great's signature punch, to which he got up and knocked said all time great out, and that is your evidence that Stipe MIGHT land on him?

can we ban you? would you object to that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back