Undefeated Welterweight fighting this weekend

Typrune Goatley

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Abdul Razak Alhassan is fighting this weekend at the Gus vs Glover event. His record is 7 wins, 0 losses with all seven wins by (T)KO

He is 31 years old from Ghana. His nickname is "Judo Thunder."

He is fighting another tough fighter named Omari Akhmedov.

Akhmedov has already faced some decent competition in his career himself and is 16-4.

This is a good fight between two up and comers and whoever wins could be on the path to bigger and better matchups in the WW division.

"Judo Thunder" looks to stay undefeated but Akhmedov is no easy opponent.

If you have not seen either guy before, check them out.

If you are familiar with both fighters, who do you think will win?

Can't remember Omari but I'm taking Abdul. He starched Charlie Ward SBG prospect 1st round I wanted to see him vs Platinum but I'm just happy to watch him fight

This is a very interesting fight. Abdul looks like a very nasty fighter. But he simply hasn't been tested. 7 KO wins, all of them in under 90 seconds. He's still a mystery. He might have Frankie Edgar's heart and gas tank or he might have neither. I want to see his ground game and cardio tested.

Anyway, Omari has been finished by strikes twice. Both losses have come in the 3rd round of fights that he was winning (or close), but both have also come in the past 1.5 years.

There's that. But Omari will be the bigger fighter (bigger frame, anyway), and he's a pretty versatile fighter. If he can get this fight out of round 1, I distinctly favor him.

Tough to predict. Easy to bet on.

Omari

This is going to be a war. "Just bleed".

Back