Mark Hunt Reveals What He’s Looking To Get Out Of UFC Lawsuit

TheHNICuLuv2Hate

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“The reason I fell out with the UFC is because, like I said, all I’m asking for when I sued them was an even playing field. I spoke to Dana before all this shit happened and said, ‘I need you guys to make this right. You promised [Lesnar] was gonna be clean.’ It’s just like I said, me even going on about steroids and everything, it’s illegal and they shouldn’t be doing them.

“All I was doing without suing, I asked first if this could be rectified another way. They wouldn’t. They didn’t want to do it so then I had no choice but to push forward with my legal thing, with my lawyer, because I’ve had no choice. I’m not gonna keep fighting juicers. Why should I? Why should I be fighting juicers my whole career? I’ve done it most of my career.”

“Three times in a row. Three times in a row [I fought fighters who failed drug tests]. I mean, anyone would ask the question. You know, three guys in a row and then it would have been a fourth guy if I fought in Melbourne against Josh Barnett. Why do I keep getting the short end of the stick? Why should I? I shouldn’t have to accept this rubbish.”

“Do I want it to go to discovery? Yeah, of course I want it to go to discovery. Like I said, this shit is going all the way. These guys are gonna have to make this right, and not just with me, but with every fighter’s contract. I want the Mark Hunt clause put in their contract. I want every fighter’s contract to put in – if you are juicing, all their money should go to the other guy. If you’re both juicing, none of you guys should get money. People say, well why don’t you take 80 percent, blah blah blah? I say, okay, so me losing my life is 80 percent worth? No. They shouldn’t get anything. Cheaters don’t deserve any sort of money.”

“Like I said, this didn’t even need to happen. It could have been sorted out way before. Like I said, three cheaters in a row. I want something done about it. And the last straw was Brock Lesnar. . . The bottom line is, the guy’s done wrong, the company’s done wrong and he needs to pay for that shit. Why should I go in there and fucking lose my eyeballs when I’ve done nothing wrong.

“All I’m fighting for is an even playing ground.”

http://www.lowkickmma.com/UFC/mark-hunt-reveals-what-hes-looking-to-get-out-of-ufc-lawsuit/

I always thought it was impossible to stop people from using PEDs but this might actually do it. Mark Hunt's a genius.

Would need a clear definition of what performance enhancing is. Otherwise, you'd end up with guys like Kelvin Gastelum losing their purses because they smoked a bit too much gunga.

Still, I think I like the concept in theory.

But but fuck Mark Hunt whining about nothing, this will be the general response around here

"I spoke to Dana before all this shit happened and said, ‘I need you guys to make this right. You promised [Lesnar] was gonna be clean.’ It’s just like I said, me even going on about steroids and everything, it’s illegal and they shouldn’t be doing them.

partially his fault for believing dana

he thinks he's gonna die because of some guy on roids?

the UFC is probably cleaner than its ever been with USADA and nobody died before

he's still just butthurt people already risk multi year long suspensions to take roids you think they'll care any more if they don't get paid?

people who use roids do it usually because they want to win and don't care as much about the money

Before Lesnar schooled him:
"I don’t care if you’re cheating or not, I’ll punch your face in. That’s all I got”

After Lesnar schooled him:
"You promised [Lesnar] was gonna be clean!"

I can see why he's bitter, but it's not exactly a secret that these guys were using. I'd like the see this happen for anabolic agents and diuretics, but they can't go after weed and shit like GNC test boosters on it. That's just silly.

This whole thing has a huge grey area when it comes to whats performance enhancing and whats not. Fighters could be getting in trouble for absolutely no reason. Like Chad using cream and all that other nonsense. The rules need to be looked over and fleshed out.

This whole thing has a huge grey area when it comes to whats performance enhancing and whats not. Fighters could be getting in trouble for absolutely no reason. Like Chad using cream and all that other nonsense. The rules need to be looked over and fleshed out.
Tbf Chad's "steroid cream" bullshit was most likely a lie.

The UFC helped Brock get the USADA exemption so he could juice to the gills prior to the fight, so they can make money.

Shady as fuck!

he thinks he's gonna die because of some guy on roids?

the UFC is probably cleaner than its ever been with USADA and nobody died before

he's still just butthurt people already risk multi year long suspensions to take roids you think they'll care any more if they don't get paid?

people who use roids do it usually because they want to win and don't care as much about the money

Not sure what you're referring to, but there's a definite correlation between guys juicing in major league baseball and getting a big payday... Have great year out of nowhere, get 90 mil guaranteed, pop for nandalone during the next spring training...

My point is I think that most guys use PEDs to win, knowing that winning more will get them paid more... I don't think it's a displaced sense of honor or the need to prove themselves or anything like that.

I will always be a fan of Hunt's.

WAR ATOMIC BUTT DROPS!!!

8be1c33f933483a9c0dbe86a9d1fb526

I will always be a fan of Hunt's.

WAR ATOMIC BUTT DROPS!!!

8be1c33f933483a9c0dbe86a9d1fb526

I'm with you man. I dunno how any legitimate fans of the sport can be against him. He's right in his argument and he's a blessing from the JBG in both MMA and Kickboxing. WAR HUNT!

“The reason I fell out with the UFC is because, like I said, all I’m asking for when I sued them was an even playing field. I spoke to Dana before all this shit happened and said, ‘I need you guys to make this right. You promised [Lesnar] was gonna be clean.’ It’s just like I said, me even going on about steroids and everything, it’s illegal and they shouldn’t be doing them.

“All I was doing without suing, I asked first if this could be rectified another way. They wouldn’t. They didn’t want to do it so then I had no choice but to push forward with my legal thing, with my lawyer, because I’ve had no choice. I’m not gonna keep fighting juicers. Why should I? Why should I be fighting juicers my whole career? I’ve done it most of my career.”

“Three times in a row. Three times in a row [I fought fighters who failed drug tests]. I mean, anyone would ask the question. You know, three guys in a row and then it would have been a fourth guy if I fought in Melbourne against Josh Barnett. Why do I keep getting the short end of the stick? Why should I? I shouldn’t have to accept this rubbish.”

“Do I want it to go to discovery? Yeah, of course I want it to go to discovery. Like I said, this shit is going all the way. These guys are gonna have to make this right, and not just with me, but with every fighter’s contract. I want the Mark Hunt clause put in their contract. I want every fighter’s contract to put in – if you are juicing, all their money should go to the other guy. If you’re both juicing, none of you guys should get money. People say, well why don’t you take 80 percent, blah blah blah? I say, okay, so me losing my life is 80 percent worth? No. They shouldn’t get anything. Cheaters don’t deserve any sort of money.”

“Like I said, this didn’t even need to happen. It could have been sorted out way before. Like I said, three cheaters in a row. I want something done about it. And the last straw was Brock Lesnar. . . The bottom line is, the guy’s done wrong, the company’s done wrong and he needs to pay for that shit. Why should I go in there and fucking lose my eyeballs when I’ve done nothing wrong.

“All I’m fighting for is an even playing ground.”

http://www.lowkickmma.com/UFC/mark-hunt-reveals-what-hes-looking-to-get-out-of-ufc-lawsuit/

The biggest PED scandal in MMA/Vale Tudo History.

UFC billed the UFC200 event as "the biggest UFC event EVER".

They started workin´on it AT THE VERY LEAST some 6 MONTHS b4.

They for sure were thinkin´about Lesnar from the very beginning.

And they must have started negociating with him some 6 months b4 the event.

But….but…. they didnt force him to enter the testing program (just like GSP right now) 4 months b4 the event…

WHY?

The biggest PED scandal in MMA/Vale Tudo History.

UFC billed the UFC200 event as "the biggest UFC event EVER".

They started workin´on it AT THE VERY LEAST some 6 MONTHS b4.

They for sure were thinkin´about Lesnar from the very beginning.

And they must have started negociating with him some 6 months b4 the event.

But….but…. they didnt force him to enter the testing program (just like GSP right now) 4 months b4 the event…

WHY?

Here is the thing though
He passed 6-7 test (I think he failed his 8th) before he was caught.
So even with the extra time, it might not have mattered

Back