How is the ref determined for fights

ItsKYRO

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
And what can we do as the fan base to push big John in as the ref for Jones DC?

They are decided by the athletic commission. I imagine they spread out the main events evenly among the experienced guys.

BJM was to ref the previous rematch, should again.

giphy.gif

Depends on the story line at the time. DC and Jones got beef so they might get Keith Peterson in there so he's easily knocked out to make the fight more entertaining while another ref runs into the octagon.

And what can we do as the fan base to push big John in as the ref for Jones DC?
The refs type up and submit storylines on who they think should win and why. Dana reviews and picks the best storyline and calls up his friend at the commission. The selected refs will do everything in their power to ensure the storyline goes through during the fight. Betting lines aren't released until after the refs are picked and are always based on the storylines for that event. Only Dana, the refs and the commission are aware of these storylines, and now you all are aware of the process.

The refs all fight to the death Highlander-style over several centuries. The winner is granted power beyond their wildest beliefs and the right to ref the fight.

As long as they don't get Fernando Yamasaki or something to do the main event, it will probably be well-reffed.

I'm lobbying for Marc Goddard because he liked my comment on Facebook one time.

Last edited:
Kinda off topic but I really hope they bring back the ref Tim Mills. He did a great job watching Tommy Speer get murdered by Rumble then left him crumpled there while he kinda walked around unsure what to do. He was an awkward and fidgety guy but I always thought he had what it took to be one of the greats.

I remember someone posting at the time, "He looks like the kind of guy who carries gummy bears in his pocket." That's really the best description I can give for him.

293ua35.gif

War Tim Mills!

The refs type up and submit storylines on who they think should win and why. Dana reviews and picks the best storyline and calls up his friend at the commission. The selected refs will do everything in their power to ensure the storyline goes through during the fight. Betting lines aren't released until after the refs are picked and are always based on the storylines for that event. Only Dana, the refs and the commission are aware of these storylines, and now you all are aware of the process.
Lol. But i do seriously wonder if the refs just get called by their management and asked to do it, or if the refs can ask to take on certain events due to experience/pay, or possibly they simply have a schedule made for them like working anywhere else that isnt set days.

Back