Ian McCall has no idea about scary medical conditions, 'and the UFC, they can't help me'

TheHNICuLuv2Hate

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“I have no idea what’s going on, and the UFC, they can’t help me,” McCall (13-5-1 MMA, 2-3-1 UFC) told MMAjunkie.

“My esophagus would do this thing – it would seize up,” McCall said. “And then I would lose blood flow to brain, then pass out. Then I’d end up throwing up from anywhere from an hour to on and off for a couple of days. That was happening during the (Justin) Scoggins training camp, and the (Ray) Borg camp. I was in and out of the hospital.”

“They told me when I was leaving New York that I’d be covered; everything I needed would be covered,” he said. “I’m like, ‘Cool, I can finally figure this out. I can finally get this done and do all the tests and make sure I’m not dying or some (expletive).’ But I got home, and I got a phone call that said, ‘Hey, man, we’re sorry. We can’t cover you.'”

After a series of financial hits unrelated to fighting, McCall is wary of going out of pocket to solve the issue when he can’t be certain of the diagnosis.

“It is (the UFC’s) fault, but at the same time, it’s not,” McCall said. “They’ve got an insurance plan that doesn’t help us.”

“If I do ever fight again, it will be a lot more money than $16,000 and $16,000,” he said. “That’s just not worth my life and my health.”

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/05/ufc-ian-mccall-scary-medical-symptoms-health-insurance

That's scary. I like Ian McCall. I hope he's okay. Those conditions don't sound good at all.

Love him or hate him, we should all hope for a swift recovery for Uncle Creepy.

...but we all know his next opponent will pull out 8 hours before the card.

Not sure how it's the UFC's fault that he has some fucked up medical condition? Sounds like the same shitty gene pool that maxxed out his height at 5'4".

I hope McCall gets that sorted out, his UFC run has been plagued by bad luck. I'd love to see him finally be healthy & competing again.

Not sure how it's the UFC's fault that he has some fucked up medical condition? Sounds like the same shitty gene pool that maxxed out his height at 5'4".
I know you're trolling but will respond anyway.

It's the UFC's fault that they said he was covered medically but then tell him he actually isn't because their medical insurance is clearly sub-par.

You should approach him while he's hanging out in a strip mall parking lot in Orange County with his friends, and tell him that.

$16000... what the fuck UFC... what the fuck

UFC trying to beat McDonalds for the shittiest salary title.

The Republicans have almost passed their new healthcare bill so he'll have nothing to worry about soon.

If the UFC said they'd cover him and then went back on that, that IS their fault, and definitely within the realm of probability given their track record

Man must always plow the heath, ever to his waiting death.

You should approach him while he's hanging out in a strip mall parking lot in Orange County with his friends, and tell him that.
He was also a part of a gang called the Lords of South County, where the gang would regularly start fights with random people, usually multiple people beating up one unsuspecting person. A few of them were charged for crimes, like former UFC fighter Rob Emerson, but Ian McCall escaped without charges. During one encounter, McCall attempted an uppercut against an unsuspecting person, but was countered with a right cross and knocked unconscious.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_McCall_(fighter)#Background

{<jordan}

its crazy to think he fought for the belt twice and still only makes 16/16

Back