Oscar de la Hoya's thoughts on the Connor/Mayweather fight...

CRobby22

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Im not surprised that he is against it, but from a boxing perspective he makes a pretty good point.

"To my fellow boxing fans, I write in the hopes that together we can protect the sport of boxing. With each passing day, it looks more and more likely that the circus known as Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor will be coming to town in the near future. As undercard fights start to take form, athletic commissions give their blessings in exchange for millions of dollars and the fighters start counting even more cash, one group will eventually be left to make sure this farce doesn't occur -- we, the fans, who are the lifeblood of our sport."

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...tential-floyd-mayweather-conor-mcgregor-fight

My thoughts on Oscar de la Hoya:

Don't think I forgot about those... pictures.

<{clintugh}>

"Face of Goldenboy Promotions doesn't like the 500 miilion dollar fight between UFC and Mayweather Promotions".

I'm fucking shocked...

2da201b24c4f7d095607df7941642696.jpg

What a snivelling hypocrite he is....

"The head of Golden Boy Promotions insists that he would welcome the foundation of a partnership with McGregor and claims to have the perfect opponent for the Irishman.

"If Conor is serious about fighting - first of all, I would love to talk to him and promote him," De La Hoya told FightHub. "I mean, imagine Conor McGregor and Golden Boy coming together.

"But the only fight I would love to see, and this is the one that makes the most sense, that would be the most exciting, that would be a guaranteed knockout, is against Canelo Alvarez. And they're in the same weight class."

De La Hoya was part of some fixed fights man. His "wins" over Whitaker and Quartey were fishy af. then as a promoter there have been a few like the mexican judge that gave canelo 117-111 over Lara. ect

Lol @ acting like combat sports are some sacred thing.

Its 2 people trying to kick each others' asses.

How many mismatch cards has Oscar put on? How many times has he fucked with boxing fans with promotional horseshit and legal wrangling? Jesus. He's one of the ringmasters, and he is bitching about the circus.

But don'f forget people, Friday December 5th, live on HBO Pay Per View:

Canelo vs Chavez Jr 2

A real fight, for the real fans!

mqjMz.jpg

De La Hoya was part of some fixed fights man. His "wins" over Whitaker and Quartey were fishy af. then as a promoter there have been a few like the mexican judge that gave canelo 117-111 over Lara. ect
fixed?

they were close fights and he got the nod because he was Oscar - the whitaker fight oscar scrapped by by throwing enough right hands, and he was the one who fought to win in that last round in that Quartey fight. And to be honest I felt he lost the Quartey fight but should have won the Trinidad fight.

And Oscar is right

unfortunately, money will rule the day. I don't know one actual educated boxing fan who will watch this, at the very least pay for it, this is marketed to the clueless fan base of conor.

And really after the Canelo vs Chavez fight Oscar should not be talking about creating false hype when a fight has nothing to offer anymore.

How many mismatch cards has Oscar put on? How many times has he fucked with boxing fans with promotional horseshit and legal wrangling? Jesus. He's one of the ringmasters, and he is bitching about the circus.
Let's see if his boy has the balls to fight GGG come fall still

Lol @ acting like combat sports are some sacred thing.

Its 2 people trying to kick each others' asses.
true but no one can say the floyd vs conor is anything but a glorified sparring match and is just a notch above Professional wrestling.

It's not good for the sport because Oscar isn't making money from it

Back