Glover Teixeira: The Jon Jones that fought OSP would have lost to Daniel Cormier

Arm Barbarian

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Teixeira, like many others, is adamant that Cormier would have won that night if he had made it to the Octagon. For that reason, a lot of fans believe that ‘Bones’ is returning to the title fray too quickly at UFC 214, after a lengthy spell on the sidelines.

“We’re going to have to wait to see what Jon is like when he comes back,” said Teixeira.

“If he fought Cormier the night he fought OSP he would have lost, but who knows? Maybe he saw what he looked like the night he fought OSP and didn’t like what he saw.

“Jon Jones is a true champion, I think he would learn a lot from that last fight and make changes ahead of his rematch with Cormier. If he fights like he did against OSP, it will be a bad night for him against Cormier.”

Read more at http://www.sherdog.com/news/article...-to-Daniel-Cormier-122017#h672JyUiGeI381By.99

Can't say I disagree with him there.

This rematch will be very interesting, due to USADA breathing down Jones neck, and a super long lay-off.

Last edited:
He looked bad in that fight for sure

I also think he is less likely to be given the close rounds since he's not champ anymore. The rematch is a big deal for both guys obviously. I'm hyped

I feel like the game is starting to pass Jones, now that his fingers to the face won't play a big factor which is most of his set ups for his sloppy punches, I can't wait to see him come back and take his first L

He looked bad in that fight for sure

I also think he is less likely to be given the close rounds since he's not champ anymore. The rematch is a big deal for both guys obviously. I'm hyped

That's a myth that champs are given the close rounds.

I just don't think that idea makes any sense.
OSP was a complete change from the fighter Jones was preparing for.

I think in the OSP fight Jones was clean. Hence why he looked bad. He knew that performance wouldnt beat someone like Daniel so he got back on the juice for "help" was caught and here we are again.

Well if the DC that fought Silva would have lost to Jon that night

I feel like the game is starting to pass Jones, now that his fingers to the face won't play a big factor which is most of his set ups for his sloppy punches, I can't wait to see him come back and take his first L

I definitely felt that Jones was something special but the sport has caught up. Just like Machida was a puzzle at one point but people finally found a way to beat him.

Jones is 30 now. I think the one you saw against OSP is pretty much what you are going to get now.

You guys keep saying super long layoff. Nothing with change Jones will adapt and finish DC this time. Might do it with a RNC just to laugh at DC like I finished you with the submission you won your fake title with.

I think Jimi would have knocked out that version too.

Having said that, Jon Jones didn't even try at any point to beat OSP.

I see the "He looked bad" lie and delusion continues.

Video of Jones looking "bad":

WHERE DOES HE LOOK BAD??

That Jones beats the DC that fought Silva and the one Rumble fought who was being taken down and pinned against the cage like never before.

For the record, I have zero respect for Jones. Based on the way he handles himself both inside (cheater) and outside (cheater/felon) the cage.

But I really think it's going too far to say he looked "bad" against OSP. Was he in any danger, at any point in that fight? Did he even lose a round?

I see it as a case of a champion having to take on a late-stage replacement opponent and fighting safe. Doing enough to get the job done and nothing more. I've seen it many times in this sport.

And, yes, the way DC performed against Silva is just another example of the same thing.

Jones will already be a bad match up for DC. He does what DC does better plus more.

Jon has said he doesn't focus whole lot on striking which is obvious but if he is smart which he really isn't he should. Both Anderson and Alex were able to stun DC momentarily before he either clinched up or took them down and recovered. Jon is most likely on equal footing with DC when it comes to MMA wrestling. Stunning him and then being able to follow up on it would be ideal for him. Having said all that I hope DC breaks his face in.

Back