Cut fighters who had the toughest line up

120wrestling

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Just curious to see this list of fighters you guys got. Basically its guys who fought in MMA or in the UFC who either quit the sport or got cut for losing multiple times to competition that either ended up becoming great or were great at the time.

My list
1. Marcus Brimage: Had 3 wins in a row in the UFC before losing to the then debuting Conor Mcgregor. Conor is now a 2 division champion, future hall of famer, #2 FW all time. After losing to Conor, Brimage dropped down to bantamweight and fought another UFC new comer. Cody Garbrandt, who has already cemented himself as one of the best in the world P4P, took out a legend in Dominick Cruz, and is now the champ. Brimage's last fight in the UFC was a loss to 20-1 savage Jimmie Rivera who is one fight away from fighting for the BW title.

2. Jake O'Brien: Solid 15-4 record
Only losses are to
1. 2x UFC HW champ prime Andrei Arlovski
2. 2x UFC HW champ Cain Velasquez
3. 9x defending UFC LHW champ Jon Jones
4. #3 ranked Gegard Mousasi

3. There was an unknown fighter, forgot who he was (obviously) but he only had 2 mma fights before he quit. Both were KO losses to a young Rampage Jackson and Chuck Lidell. Talk about pulling a shitty card

Interesting thread TS.

I have Lesner for the toughest schedule ever, I know he was not cut, but no one had a tougher stretch of fights:
upload_2017-5-25_14-50-14.png

O'Brien is always on these list because of who he lost to, but he did nave eight fights for Zuffa, just never beat anyone of any relevance (minus Heath Herring while he was still somewhat a name).

From reading the title, I thought the thread would be an argument for cutting fighters who got bad haircuts.

He is a friend of mine who faced Rory Macdonald in 2006. My friend was 22 and Rory was still in highschool and my friend broke his nose from Rory's knee. He had to go through a difficult time admitting that he lost to a 16 or 17 year old boy and his ego was greatly hurt.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170525-150311.png
    Screenshot_20170525-150311.png
    846.5 KB · Views: 34
Marcus Brimage has to be the poser hoy for this question.

Kamal Shalorus

L - Jim Miller
L - Khabib
L - RDA

I stopped reading when you said Cody has already cemented himself as a p4p anything.

This whole thread was bullshit so you could secretly ride his manlet dick

Wasn't Werdum cut after being KO'd by Junior Dos Santos?

Yuji Nagata.... No lie, this guy made his debut against 1-0-1 Mirko cro cop and got decimated, but had the guts to come back a year later, despite that traumatic experience of bad luck, and try again. So, who'd he get put up against?

16-1 Fedor.... He only had 2 fights and they were literally against the 2 best heavyweights in that company/ of that era. What kind of luck?

Yushin Okami A Silva, Boetsch, Belcher, Lombard, and Jacare.

Denis stojnic only had two fights in the ufc. Velasquez and Struve. lost both and was cut. ruthless.

Back