Gegard Mousasi not happy about Yoel Romero vs Robert Whittaker interim title fight

TheHNICuLuv2Hate

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“They should pay me. I’m a co-main event all the time, so it’s not like people don’t know me. I think I earned it. Don’t tell me it’s a fair sport. It should have to do with rankings. I’m up there. I’ve fought more than 10 years. I’ve earned it. I thought I was ranked higher than Whittaker. He’s skipping three spots. I don’t understand it. But I think USADA time is a different time now. There’s only one guy left. Luke Rockhold. That’s the fight the UFC wants to make. But it’s taking a long time. I think that’s a fight fans would like. I have a month and a half left on my contract, then I can go talk to other people.” - Moose

Promotion president Dana White was never a big fan of Mousasi (42-6-2), who despite a torrid five-fight winning streak with four finishes, can’t seem to sell tickets to any of his mixed martial arts (MMA) main events.

See those comments here.

http://www.mmamania.com/2017/5/25/1...omero-vs-robert-whittaker-interim-title-fight

Stop bitching, Gegard.

They're not going to push him into an (interim) title shot without signing him to a new deal first.

I wonder if Ariels sources were just bad or if he was about to sign prior to Whittaker getting the title shot and then changed his mind?

Maybe he heard the reports of Rorys 400k?

Mousasi lost to Hall and Jacare quite recently.

Whittaker is 2-0 against them. Mousasi has 5 fight win streak at MW. Robert has 6. Easy choice really.

If the UFC matchmakers were smart they would have offered Gegard the interim title shot vs Romero, considering they negotiating a new contract for him.

On top of that they offered him a meh contract, like they want him to sign with Bellator.

Does he not realize that Whittaker and Romeros streaks are both better? Dude got finished by Uriah Hall.

Yes, he has some losses that he should've won to warrant a title shot but I do feel bad for him, he should be making more than his current contract. I always been a fan since he doesn't talk crap like the rest.

Does he not realize that Whittaker and Romeros streaks are both better? Dude got finished by Uriah Hall.
Whitakers only notable win is Jacare lol Romero should have got the shot period.

They should've matched him up with kelvin . Why does Weidman keep getting thrown a bone? 4 fight skid and he still gets an opponent with some momentum.
Kelvin gastelum vs moose should be for be next shot after Romero vs Whittaker

“They should pay me. I’m a co-main event all the time, so it’s not like people don’t know me. I think I earned it. Don’t tell me it’s a fair sport. It should have to do with rankings. I’m up there. I’ve fought more than 10 years. I’ve earned it.t
{<BJPeen}{<BJPeen}{<BJPeen}

Whitakers only notable win is Jacare lol Romero should have got the shot period.
Jacare, the same guy who tapped Mousasi, and he also finished Brunson, another ranked fighter. His streak is also longer. Mousasi has a nice streak going but it's not as good as either Robert or Yoel. He's beaten some bums and USADA Weidman in a fight where he lost the first round.

Gegard should talk to others and see what's on the table.

Jacare, the same guy who tapped Mousasi, and he also finished Brunson, another ranked fighter. His streak is also longer. Mousasi has a nice streak going but it's not as good as either Robert or Yoel. He's beaten some bums and USADA Weidman in a fight where he lost the first round.
You're out of your mind.i suggest you see all the cans robers crushed with fight finder. Jacare and moose fought years ago.Brunsons not impressive.

Sauce starched Hendo,Belfort,Weidman and Hall in the rematch.

It's not even close who's streak is better

Also I could say thompson knocked his ass out years ago as well having the same logic you're using

“They should pay me. I’m a co-main event all the time, so it’s not like people don’t know me. I think I earned it. Don’t tell me it’s a fair sport. It should have to do with rankings. I’m up there. I’ve fought more than 10 years. I’ve earned it. I thought I was ranked higher than Whittaker. He’s skipping three spots. I don’t understand it. But I think USADA time is a different time now. There’s only one guy left. Luke Rockhold. That’s the fight the UFC wants to make. But it’s taking a long time. I think that’s a fight fans would like. I have a month and a half left on my contract, then I can go talk to other people.” - Moose

Promotion president Dana White was never a big fan of Mousasi (42-6-2), who despite a torrid five-fight winning streak with four finishes, can’t seem to sell tickets to any of his mixed martial arts (MMA) main events.

See those comments here.

http://www.mmamania.com/2017/5/25/1...omero-vs-robert-whittaker-interim-title-fight
" Dana was never a big fan of Mousasi "

That's hilarious because every time his name is mentioned, and I quote " I've always been a big fan of Mousasi "

Or
" Hey, I'm the one that made sure Mousasi was brought over "

So, either Dana can't keep track of his lies or someone else is lying

Bums lol all prior champions

Mousasi lost to Hall and Jacare quite recently.

Whittaker is 2-0 against them. Mousasi has 5 fight win streak at MW. Robert has 6. Easy choice really.

His Jacare loss was like 10 fights ago for him, you consider to be "quite recently"?

Bums lol all prior champions
Yeah I forgot Leites, Hall, and Thiago Santos were all UFC champions my bad. Meanwhile Whittaker beat bums like Jacare and Brunson.

See those comments here.

He is not wrong.
I HATE how this role reversal thing, where the PROMOTION demands of fighters to be famous before they start promoting them.
it is ridiculous! The UFC is the promotion! THEY are the ones who should be spending money to make Mousasi become more famous to those who do nto know him!!!

Back