Best & Worst MMA Fighter Organisation Transitions?

Thickfreakness

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

I was watching the above video by the guys over at Obviously Fight Talk (not sure if anyone here watches) but I thought it was an interesting discussion coming off Rory MacDonald's thus far excellent transition from the UFC to Bellator.

Who are the best and worst over the years? Fedor as they said is a weird one because he was so great in Japan but then in the US not so much. Was it an age thing or a ring thing? Benson Henderson's transition from WEC to UFC was great because he was always very very good in WEC, but he pretty much ruled 155lbs (a tough division) for a while, although he might not have been very dominant.

Any other good ones or bad ones?

Have to say Mirko Crocop. The guy slept top fighters left and right in Japan. Then didn't really have a great UFC career in the cage.

Giblert Melendez.

All the Jessicas except Andrade.

Most big name Japanese fighters lol.

CM Punk was a dominant champion in WWE and failed miserably in the octagon

That ironic/iconic headkick by Gonzaga was crazy.
Why must you people keep bringing this up?!?!?!
crying-man.jpg

Bustamante left the UFC as champ, got beaten up in Pride.
Barnett was 4-1 in the UFC, then got beaten up in Pride.
Chuck when he went to fight in the Pride grand prix, got beaten up.
Arlovski when he ripped through the UFC then left for Strikeforce, got beaten up.
Chael Sonnen was ripping it up in the midwestern bush leagues, then fought 3 times in Japan with 0 wins.

Basically most fighters that fought in America or the early UFC, then left for tougher competition in Japan or Strikeforce :)

Anderson Silva came from Pride and did much better in the UFC. His first fight was pretty impreesive and then he destroyed Franklin twice and went on to hold the longest title run in history.
Before his first UFC fight:
"Im going to send him back to Japan where competition is weaker." Kenny Florian

I was watching the above video by the guys over at Obviously Fight Talk (not sure if anyone here watches) but I thought it was an interesting discussion coming off Rory MacDonald's thus far excellent transition from the UFC to Bellator.

Who are the best and worst over the years? Fedor as they said is a weird one because he was so great in Japan but then in the US not so much. Was it an age thing or a ring thing? Benson Henderson's transition from WEC to UFC was great because he was always very very good in WEC, but he pretty much ruled 155lbs (a tough division) for a while, although he might not have been very dominant.

Any other good ones or bad ones?

Lidell`s "transition" to the Pride tournament..

#"This isn't what we trained for, isn't the gameplan"

David Branch going to WSOF and becoming champ. He did ok in the UFC but he beat up everybody there.

Erick Silva was the JungleFight WW champion when he came to UFC, but now he's a young prospect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back