RDA ruined the True Conor Era.

Eli1015

Martial Artist
@Brown
Reaction score
Conor had Just KOed Jose Aldo in 13 seconds and become the UFC featherweight champion. He was undefeated in the UFC. He was basically untouchable having KOed everyone but 1 opponent. Then he decided to fight RDA at lightweight. I have no doubt in my mind he would have KOed him even worse than sloppy Eddie did. He would have become 2 weight world champion WITHOUT fighting Nate Diaz at 170 twice. But RDA pulled out last minute. I partly blame conor for fighting someone much larger on 11 days notice. He should have just waited for RDA.

Conor would still be undefeated in the UFC and be the Featherweight and lightweight champion. He then could have either defended the Lightweight or featherweight belt, or retire on top and be a legend. Then go box mayweather and leave the game rich. Fuck RDA.

Kind of glad it didn't happen. His fights with Diaz were awesome.

You have preferred him to retire after two more fights?

What era?
A champ's era is defined by his first successful title defense.

Conor has no title defenses, he has no era.

What era?
A champ's era is defined by his first successful title defense.

Conor has no title defenses, he has no era.

giphy.gif

As a Conor fan I'm glad he lost to Nate, in the long run it made him better and he proved what he's made of by taking the tough matchup again.

You have preferred him to retire after two more fights?
I prefer fighters leave on top. I did mention he should have defended one or both of the titles at least once each. Conor has said from the get go that he wants to retire young, like at 30. He's getting very close to that age. Even GSP couldn't stay retired as champion.

I prefer fighters leave on top. I did mention he should have defended one or both of the titles at least once each. Conor has said from the get go that he wants to retire young, like at 30. He's getting very close to that age. Even GSP couldn't stay retired as champion.
Why? Don't you like to have more fights to watch?

Why? Don't you like to have more fights to watch?
There will always be fights to watch. Conor is no doubt one of the most exciting fighters to watch. But I'm just going by what he said himself. It's not about what I prefer. It's the fighters life. He said early on in an interview with Ariel, he wanted to get in, get rich, and get out. He will still probably do that after the Floyd fight. But if he hadn't fought Nate, he would have got out as an undefeated 2 weight champ.

Conor had Just KOed Jose Aldo in 13 seconds and become the UFC featherweight champion. He was undefeated in the UFC. He was basically untouchable having KOed everyone but 1 opponent. Then he decided to fight RDA at lightweight. I have no doubt in my mind he would have KOed him even worse than sloppy Eddie did. He would have become 2 weight world champion WITHOUT fighting Nate Diaz at 170 twice. But RDA pulled out last minute. I partly blame conor for fighting someone much larger on 11 days notice. He should have just waited for RDA.

Conor would still be undefeated in the UFC and be the Featherweight and lightweight champion. He then could have either defended the Lightweight or featherweight belt, or retire on top and be a legend. Then go box mayweather and leave the game rich. Fuck RDA.
Im a Conor fan, but Nate wasnt much larger than Conor in the first fight. Nate looked in bad shape. In the second fight tho i agree. Nate had atleast 15 pounds on Conor which makes his victory even more impressive. Nate was in phenomenal shape in the second fight.

Ronda handled her loss better
By running away for a year and crying Into a pillow? Then coming back and losing even worse to nunes? Yea hater. Way better than conor beating the person who beat him, then winning another title after.

Nah man, the rivalry with Nate elevated his persona. Way more entertaining that just making fun of Brazilians and easily knocking people out.

Im a Conor fan, but Nate wasnt much larger than Conor in the first fight. Nate looked in bad shape. In the second fight tho i agree. Nate had atleast 15 pounds on Conor
Even if he wasn't in the best shape, if he was out of camp, he would have been even heavier. Both fights he has at least 15 pounds on him. And not just weight. He whent from preparing for a 5'8 RDA to fighting and 6'0 Fighter on 11 days notice with a MUCH larger reach.

There will always be fights to watch. Conor is no doubt one of the most exciting fighters to watch. But I'm just going by what he said himself. It's not about what I prefer. It's the fighters life. He said early on in an interview with Ariel, he wanted to get in, get rich, and get out. He will still probably do that after the Floyd fight. But if he hadn't fought Nate, he would have got out as an undefeated 2 weight champ.
Possibly so, we'll never know.

the Conor Era? you mean the one where no fights ever take place?

nate was much larger than RDA?

nate weighed in at 169. he was allowed to weigh in at 171. he did not cut any weight for that fight. conor weighed in at 168. nate was a whopping 1lb heavier.

had RDA made it, he would've been roughly 170, 175 max on fight night.

it's fine you're a fan of conor, but let's not be retarded here.

I bet £300 on Rafael winning, and that was at 13/10 odds.

Still disappointed that this fight never happened.

Back