Bisping still saying he would like GSP: Isn't an interim champ guaranteed the fight?

glasshouses999

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I though that an interim champ automatically got the fight against the champion, has that ever not occurred?

I thought it was just Bisping talking shit but people and news are still talking about the possibility of a Bisping vs GSP fight. Surely that's not possible unless this fight gets called off.

Timestamped to Bisping's obsession with the GSP fight

Last edited:
Lol @ Ping. Pretty awesome that overwhelming fan backlash brutally crushed his big payday dreams

Sorry for missing out, but is there a MW interrim champion???

Would rather see him fight the winner of Romero - Whitaker and St Pierre fight Woodley.

Just create parallel MW divisions, one for ducks and one for real fighters, with their own belts, and have them occasionally meet up like Raw vs Smackdown.

Bisping is 37 and made it clear he is all about money fight
Legit challengers are legit but by fighting saint pieuvre he'll make waaaaaay more money while by fighting the legits he'll get peanuts and probably brain damages
I can't blame him

Sorry for missing out, but is there a MW interrim champion???

No but there is an interim fight between Romero and Whittaker in July because Bisping is injured and can't fight either one of them. GSP can't fight til November and unless that interim fight is called off he can't be getting the fight ahead of an interim champ.

No but there is an interim fight between Romero and Whittaker in July because Bisping is injured and can't fight either one of them. GSP can't fight til November and unless that interim fight is called off he can't be getting the fight ahead of an interim champ.

Ah ok i missed that part, thanks!

Would be the most illegitimate title fight in UFC history.

Probably.

I though that an interim champ automatically got the fight against the champion, has that ever not occurred?

I thought it was just Bisping talking shit but people and news are still talking about the possibility of a Bisping vs GSP fight. Surely that's not possible unless this fight gets called off.

It has never occurred, afaik, but I don't think there is a written rule, stating that the champ has to fight the interim champ as soon as possible.

Aldo vs Edgar was supposed to be an interim bout but Conor vacated the title. If Bisping decides to run away and get stripped, he could fight GSP without fighting the interim champ first. I would do that if I were Bisping. Make more money without getting a concussion..

Aldo vs Edgar was supposed to be an interim bout but Conor vacated the title. If Bisping decides to run away and get stripped, he could fight GSP without fighting the interim champ first. I would do that if I were Bisping. Make more money without getting a concussion..

The whole point of the Bisping fight apart from it being a good match up for GSP (in theory) was that GSP would come straight back for a title shot. Without that he won't be fighting him. Conor was different in that he didn't defend his FW belt against a guy that was not the interim champ.

This is what the Conor sport looks like. Are you all glad you supported that fucker still?

No...the belts don't mean shit. Interim champ is like the underboss or vice president.

Just create parallel MW divisions, one for ducks and one for real fighters, with their own belts, and have them occasionally meet up like Raw vs Smackdown.
Damn. As crazy as that sounds, it kind of makes sense,lol

<{Heymansnicker}>

This is just sad, and even sadder that he openly wants to duck the true #1 again. I mean he did it with the Hendo defense and damn near lost.

If he cant defend against the interim then he should be stripped period

This is ufc 2017. Nobody is guaranteed shit.

Bisping wants that money fight bad. He knows his career is pretty much over after Romero beats him. He needs to make bank before he is retired and acting in B level movies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back