Gegard Mousasi: #NoMoneyNoHoney

They need to keep him. Too many good fighters going to Bellator.

The UFC had a strangle hold on MMA and then they decided to do the Reebok deal and now they let Bellator be competitive. Before Reebok, Bellator was where fighters went when the UFC had no interest in them.

They cant lose him. Hes the next best thing next to Conor.

The UFC had a strangle hold on MMA and then they decided to do the Reebok deal and now they let Bellator be competitive. Before Reebok, Bellator was where fighters went when the UFC had no interest in them.

I wouldn't worry to much if I was the UFC. From the way reporters talk the UFC has a strangle hold on MMA and it's not even close. Bellator will pick up a few guys here and there but overall the UFC will keep whoever it really wants to keep. Strikeforce was way way more competitive in terms of roster and they still weren't doing good enough.

He says he wants to stay with UFC so a deal will get done

It was a pay raise after already making over half a million dollars last year. How much does he think Bellator is going to offer him?

I support Gegard to the fullest. But that hash tag line is cringey as fuck.

Stop it, he may actually read that and end up even more delusional than he already is.

<36>

Recently UFC have an habit of pushing shit fighters/personalities and ignoring people who really connect with people. For eg Sage and Paige. When they can be pushing people like Mousasi.

Mousasi has the no fucks given personality and one of the greatest records in MMA history. If the UFC give half the push they gave to Conor, hes a SuperStar.

A good parallel is when prowrestlers think they are the big deal in Wwe
They sign with tna or whatever and the wwe remplace them in a heartbeat without the mainstream fans even paying attention
You are never bigger than the company
<33>

It was a pay raise after already making over half a million dollars last year. How much does he think Bellator is going to offer him?

400k per fight like Rory? Plus free sponsorhip? Imagine a MW divsion with Moose, TRT Vitor (see my other thread), Wanderlei, Chael and Co.

I wouldn't worry to much if I was the UFC. From the way reporters talk the UFC has a strangle hold on MMA and it's not even close. Bellator will pick up a few guys here and there but overall the UFC will keep whoever it really wants to keep. Strikeforce was way way more competitive in terms of roster and they still weren't doing good enough.

Wrong, UFC isn't Zuffa run anymore, the owners are in a 4.2 billion debt that costs them 200 million + a year in interests.

Now when we take this into account and Belator allowing fighters to have sponsors, Belator is able to compete financially because they are not in huge debt, while being able to compensate fighters contract through sponsors. It's a much better business model, and one that has seen many talents already make the transition.

Also who are the new stars in the UFC?? majority of new athletes are going to Belator because of the sponsorship fiasco, while not having to sign there life away.

I said as soon as the Reebok deal was signed, Belator will over take the UFC in 10 years when all of the UFC's previous stars had retired. and we're left with a bunch of Sage N. and Mike Perry's

Recently UFC have an habit of pushing shit fighters/personalities and ignoring people who really connect with people. For eg Sage and Paige. When they can be pushing people like Mousasi.

Mousasi has the no fucks given personality and one of the greatest records in MMA history. If the UFC give half the push they gave to Conor, hes a SuperStar.

<YeahOKJen>

Stop it, he may actually read that and end up even more delusional than he already is.

<36>

Wins over Wiedman, Hall, Belfort, Santos, Leites, Hendo, Munoz, Latifi, St. Preux, Sokoudjou, Sobral, Souza, Manhoef, Hunt (!!!) and Lombard.

He is that good and deserves the loot imo.

I mean, Moose ain't wrong for his statements. Why is someone like Sage Northcutt coming into the UFC with an 80K/80K deal and it takes some fighters years of hard work to achieve that?

400k per fight like Rory? Plus free sponsorhip? Imagine a MW divsion with Moose, TRT Vitor (see my other thread), Wanderlei, Chael and Co.
I can imagine it, because it already happened in the UFC several years ago when those guys were relevant. Chael, Wand, and Vitor have been getting their asses kicked regularly for several years now.

UFC are greedy fucks, if they see he's not worth it then no way will they pay him even $1 extra. If Moose is popular as he says he is, he'll get the deal. It's the new era, doesn't matter what your record is, what matters is how many eyeballs you attract.

Wrong, UFC isn't Zuffa run anymore, the owners are in a 4.2 billion debt that costs them 200 million + a year in interests.

Now when we take this into account and Belator allowing fighters to have sponsors, Belator is able to compete financially because they are not in huge debt, while being able to compensate fighters contract through sponsors. It's a much better business model, and one that has seen many talents already make the transition.

Also who are the new stars in the UFC?? majority of new athletes are going to Belator because of the sponsorship fiasco, while not having to sign there life away.

I said as soon as the Reebok deal was signed, Belator will over take the UFC in 10 years when all of the UFC's previous stars had retired. and we're left with a bunch of Sage N. and Mike Perry's

Yea I'll take reporters word over some random guy on sherdog they know way more about things going on behind the scenes. They are in huge debt and are waiting to sign a new TV deal which is projected to be worth much much more than it is now. There are always up's and down's with UFC stars people like you were saying the same thing before Ronda, Connor, and Jones came a long.

People like you have been saying "XX org" will take over and it never happens. That's why I believe the reporters when they say the UFC is so far ahead we don't even realize it.

Back