Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic vs Wanderlei Silva 1(2002)

Amorak

The Possession of Anything Begins in the Mind
@Green
Reaction score
One of the first MMA fights I ever saw, love it. Crocop leaving his toe marks on Wanderlei's ribs was sweet.

Was a great fight with bullshit rules that favored Cro Cop, for instance the fact that if neither was finished, it was an automatic draw. Wanderlei would have clearly won that fight in regular Pride or UFC judging. Nevertheless, Cro Cop had a brutally sweet revenge in their 2nd fight.

"If the fight goes the distance, it's an automatic DRAW"

PRIDE was ahead of its time.

Last edited:
Was a great fight with bullshit rules that favored Cro Cop, for instance the fact that if neither was finished, it was an automatic draw. Wanderlei would have clearly won that fight in regular Pride or UFC judging. Nevertheless, Cro Cop had a brutally sweet revenge in their 2nd fight.

Honestly I don't think its as clear cut as people make out, Crocop even though he's more tentative than latter in his MMA career due to a lack of takedown defence does clearly get the best of the standup and Wanderlei doesn't do a great deal on the ground.

I think its underestimated just how well Crocop did in MMA early on as well, this is about 9 months after his debut and before that his MMA cross training was very limited. He was thrown to the wolves MUCH more so than someone like Lesnar who'd been training for 2 years by the time he fought in the UFC.

Really it was only in the second Fujita match and then against Herring that I think you saw Crocop getting close to his potential in MMA..

Last edited:
No judges and automatic draw......we all know who won that fight regardless.

IMO, they are 1-1.

Would have loved to see that rubber match.

Wandy is dead?
and rose to life?
mirko-crocop-knocks-out-wanderlei-silva.gif

He dead.

Cant believe that was 15 years ago. Legendary stuff. Cant believe theyre fighting still today.

Wanderlei was very tough for not going down from the many brutal liverkicks.

Back