Michael Bisping Confirms GSP Fight is Off (for now) & Responds to Interim Title Fight

Strip this duck and make Romero vs Whittaker for the real belt

bitchbing holding on to that belt as long as he can. The only champion in history to get knocked out three times and still win

So the GSP fight is officially off?

giphy.gif

he said what he said.... but inside he was like

benH3Aj.gif

Has there ever been a champ that ducked opponents the way bisping has before?

At this point, we are liable to wake up one day and bisping had signed a contract to have a rubber match with Dan henderson for the belt.

We didn't need you to confirm it, buddeh

Your boss already said it wasn't happening.

Knee looks fine to me.

He sounds a lot more relaxed now that he's managed to successfully duck Romero again and the UFC matching him up against Whittaker for an interim strap. It's almost as if he has a plan to get out of fighting the winner, or he's going back to lobbying for the GSP fight behind the scenes.

I almost wish that GSP would do a 180 and say that he will fight in July just to see how Bisping would explain his knee being suddenly good to go.

The fight was planned for November, right? So why are are people mad at the fact he's too injured to fight right now? Whether he was fighting Romero or GSP, he is still not able to fight until November.

The fight was planned for November, right? So why are are people mad at the fact he's too injured to fight right now? Whether he was fighting Romero or GSP, he is still not able to fight until November.

Originally the fight was being looked at during the summer. GSP said he couldn't fight until after October so GSP was removed and Romero given the title shot. All of sudden Bisping's knee was still hurting and he said he wouldn't be ready until November anyways and pushed for Romero and Whittaker to have an interim title fight.

Bisping got what he wanted, now I hope he gets what he deserves.

Lol we're allowed to have Neo-Nazi Swastikas from American History X in our AV? Wow that's a good look for Mike Perry, MMA and Sherdog. Awesome. I believe that's the scene where Edward Norton made a black guy "Bite A Curb." As the black guy opened his mouth and bit the curb the Nazi stomped the back of his head so hard with his steel toed boot he completely split his head open. Good shit Sherdog. Not offensive at all.

Well it took him forever to become champ he's just milking it
Nope. He wants a big money fight against a big name. He's earned it through 27 UFC fights and 20 UFC wins. The belt means that he gets ppv points for his fights, and he wants to make the most of it.

This isn't a case of say Conor McGregor, who has 5 fights in the UFC, and suddenly holds the belt hostage for big money fights in other divisions... or in another sport altogether.

Bisping has earned his keep imo. The lack of respect towards one of the hardest most consistent workers in our sport, is sickening. Yes I celebrated Hendo turning off his lights, he's been a douche through his whole career. The incident with Rivera really pissed me off... but all that aside, the man stepped up on 2 weeks notice to fight the most dangerous champion in the UFC- someone who just rag dolled Machida and beat the living shit out of Weidman... and he won.

Do I like him? meh, sometimes, mostly not... but I respect what he's done for MMA, especially in helping the sport grow internationally. Let him have his big payday, then he can retire and go fix his eye and whatnot. He's never failed a test, he's fought against everyone over 27 UFC fights, and he's shown that he's 'the man' in the USADA era at MW.

Romero just got suspended last year for 'tainted supplements'. He also has that stoolgate incident, and other incidents of drenching himself in water to buy time between rounds. God knows how he has so many fans. I recognize Romero's ability, but Bisping is much more a man. That much is fore sure.

Hey GSP buddeh! You can always fight the winner of Romero v Whittaker if Count Duckula is injured. Your call. I'm sure they'd be down for the pay day.

Originally the fight was being looked at during the summer. GSP said he couldn't fight until after October so GSP was removed and Romero given the title shot. All of sudden Bisping's knee was still hurting and he said he wouldn't be ready until November anyways and pushed for Romero and Whittaker to have an interim title fight.

Ah, okay. Thanks for making it clearer.

I'm still a fan of Bisping, but Romero and Whittaker would make better Champions. Hope one of them takes him out.

This is such bullshit. Bisping already said he was injured before dana called off the gsp fight. People dont know what the f they aree talking about

Back