Barao vs Sterling

Kaiokenrye24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I have Barao by sub or split decision. Sterling complaining about his loss to Assuncao means he won't change his low volume style. Barao is a shot fighter but still very skilled even if his cardio is even worse than Sterling's. I think Aljo is another talented fighter who won't put it together and Barao is the gatekeeper.

Considering that Barao gasses out even at 145, I think he clearly wins round 1, rounds 2-3 gets competitive when Barao gasses but wins via 29-28 decision(split or unanimous)

Last edited:
Barao picks Aljo apart on the feet IMO.

Just because Barao got smoked by dillasshaw twice doesn't mean he's shot. Sterling is an easy matchup for him. His striking while improving is still rudimentary and I doubt he dominates Barao with his wrestling

Just because Barao got smoked by dillasshaw twice doesn't mean he's shot. Sterling is an easy matchup for him. His striking while improving is still rudimentary and I doubt he dominates Barao with his wrestling
I think Barao wins but his cardio is questionable, has had terrible weight cuts over a long time. He hasn't gone forward. He clearly beat Nover but Nover isn't good

Sterling won't take him down and Barao dominates on the feet.

Unless Barao gasses he should win this comfortably.

Sterling won't take him down and Barao dominates on the feet.

Unless Barao gasses he should win this comfortably.
I agree with you, but Barao gassed out even at 145, which will allow Sterling to get back into the fight

Did not know they were letting Barao go back down

Nope. His fights since the first one sure look like it though. TJ took his soul.

Doesn't Barao have like 100% TDD? All I remember from Sterling last fight was him getting close to stepping into the pocket and the announcers on his nuts about it trying to make it seem like he improved when really he looked the same as always. Oh and he got dropped. Don't worry about Barao gassing either Sterling won't make it out of the first round anyway barao is gonna rock him and choke his ass out, Sterling has terrible stand up.

Doesn't Barao have like 100% TDD? All I remember from Sterling last fight was him getting close to stepping into the pocket and the announcers on his nuts about it trying to make it seem like he improved when really he looked the same as always. Oh and he got dropped. Don't worry about Barao gassing either Sterling won't make it out of the first round anyway barao is gonna rock him and choke his ass out, Sterling has terrible stand up.
Sterling is a huge waste of talent, he should go to Cordero before it's too late

Didn't even know this fight got booked. Barao is better everywhere but as others have mentioned, he can definitely gas and lose a decision. Aljo's not finishing him tho.

Sterling is a huge waste of talent, he should go to Cordero before it's too late

not gonna lie I doubt Cordeiro could improve his striking dude just won't engage in the pocket and he ain't gonna learn the Cordeiro body kick over night. Sterling is frustrating to watch, I think we've pretty much seen the best of him. He reminds me of Phil Davis way back alot of potential but refuses to engage uses kicks from the outside looks alot more athletic and explosive than he actually is. Sterling just has better up aND coming talent and just a deeper talent pool in general to compete in than Davis. Blueprint is out to beat Sterling at this point and he isn't getting any better at all.

He was picking apart Stephens in round 1 then gassed out and lost rounds2-3

He gassed out because from rd2 onward he just kept trying td's that clearly weren't working.
He spent all his energy trying to take stephens down like he was still fighting bw's.

Back