MM Ducking? Did I miss something?

Snolla

Brown Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
Where's all this crap coming from that MM is ducking opponents? Can someone link me? Sorry, but you can google search any fighter "ducking" and guaranteed some asshole on some forum made a searchable thread about it.

True-but it really seems he wants none of Dillashaw. Check out some of the other recent threads on mm in here. There's interesting tweets all over them.

True-but it really seems he wants none of Dillashaw. Check out some of the other recent threads on mm in here. There's interesting tweets all over them.

He ducked Dillashaw? He said on the record that he would not fight TJ?

He said on twitter that he'd rather pursue a fight with Borg than with Dillashaw. It's a little early in the game and a big overreaction to call it a duck (we don't know if he was ever offered the fight, if they're still negotiating, if Dillashaw can make 125, etc.), but this is sherdog, so that's conclusive evidence of an egregious duck.

Why don't you just read one of thw threads they say he's ducking. They all say why.

He said on twitter that he'd rather pursue a fight with Borg than with Dillashaw. It's a little early in the game and a big overreaction to call it a duck (we don't know if he was ever offered the fight, if they're still negotiating, if Dillashaw can make 125, etc.), but this is sherdog, so that's conclusive evidence of an egregious duck.

Ok. Funny that people are ignoring him saying that "he can drop to flyweight, get a win, and wait his turn."

Doesn't sound like a duck to me, sounds like MM doesn't want to play the "jump the line" game.

Where's all this crap coming from that MM is ducking opponents? Can someone link me? Sorry, but you can google search any fighter "ducking" and guaranteed some asshole on some forum made a searchable thread about it.
Yea dude, you can google it and I don't think he came out and said it, but it's very easy to make out that he doesn't want Killashaw. as soon as TJ started posting that he wanted MM, I think I remember seeing MM tweeting and pretty much turning it down.

So after reading all the thread titles about MM ducking a fight, and instead of clicking on one to see what the deal is, you decided to start a thread instead and ask what is all this talk about MM ducking someone??"

Brilliant!

He ducked Dillashaw? He said on the record that he would not fight TJ?
Pretty much what JayE said, but his comments lead me to believe he's not exactly looking for the toughest fight he can get. A truly great and competitive champion should.

Ok. Funny that people are ignoring him saying that "he can drop to flyweight, get a win, and wait his turn."

Doesn't sound like a duck to me, sounds like MM doesn't want to play the "jump the line" game.

There probably is an argument to make for that kind of thinking (as well as Dillashaw actually proving he can make 125), but if Dillashaw is serious about moving down and the UFC is serious about making that fight, I think it makes sense for MM to take it. Now, if he wants to negotiate and get more money out of the fight, that's one thing. Picking Borg over Dillashaw, even if Dillashaw is jumping the queue so to speak, is hard to justify. There would obviously be plenty of excuses even if MM won (Dillashaw weight drained and so on), but Dillashaw is the kind of win that would make it exceptionally difficult for even idiots to deny that MM is extremely special fighter.

- He agreed to fight Borg, was expecting contract.
- UFC now wants and promoting Dillashaw instead.
- No one contacted DJ about it, says he's still expecting Borg contract.
- DJ said that if Dillashaw wants contract he can pick up a win at 125 first.

MM is midget level 5.. won't fight anyone that casts a shadow.

So after reading all the thread titles about MM ducking a fight, and instead of clicking on one to see what the deal is, you decided to start a thread instead and ask what is all this talk about MM ducking someone??"

Brilliant!

I can't speak for him but I've read several of the threads and none include a link to any statement by Johnson declining the match. I have asked for such a link in some of those threads but no one has obliged.

Yea dude, you can google it and I don't think he came out and said it, but it's very easy to make out that he doesn't want Killashaw. as soon as TJ started posting that he wanted MM, I think I remember seeing MM tweeting and pretty much turning it down.
It's pronounced "Skrillashaw Dillaguap"

Dana was like....
"How bout you fight someone that is legit for a change"

And Mighty Duck was like...
7S4WtBB.png

"Woah, how bout you let fight another can so I can break muh title defense record before I fight someone that might actually beat me"

if he truly is the best then he should fight the best. who is they guy he wants to fight instead?

DJ will fight you UFC give him a contract with the right price.

he ducked a whole division to fight in a division made up just for him to rule
he lost to cruz when cruz was king

Back