Rank Jones title defenses from hardest to easiest.

Lavitz

It’s Showtime!
@Black
Reaction score
How would you rank Jon's title defenses from hardest to easiest?

How I see it...

Gustafsson
Cormier
Evans
Glover
Rampage
Machida
Belfort
Sonnen

Some notes:

Machida landed a flurry on Jones in the 1st and some would agree he won it. Official scorecards had Jones winning the 1st round 2 judges to 1.

Jon broke his toe in the Sonnen fight. Had Chael survived the 1st he possibly could have gotten a TKO win due to injury.

Vitor should be #3.

Actually had Jones in the most trouble with that arm bar.

Glover and Rampage did nothing

IIRC Rampage should be a little lower. It may have lasted longer, but I don't seem to remember JBJ being in danger for one second in that fight.

Vitor should be second or third.
Almost broke that arm.
Other than that the list is good.

Uriah Hall continued after a broken toe, I'm sure Jones would have as well.

Sonnen fans grasp for straws in hope Chael would have won if he didn't get finished

Only two fights were even competitive.
Only one win was questionable.

Jones is a bad dude. At least, he was...

IIRC Rampage should be a little lower. It may have lasted longer, but I don't seem to remember JBJ being in danger for one second in that fight.

Jones picked Rampage apart on the outside, as soon as Page closed the distance, Jones would run away lol

Vitor should be #3.

Actually had Jones in the most trouble with that arm bar.

Glover and Rampage did nothing
Glover landed some good body shots and upper cuts. He was swinging but Jones ate the shots and came forward like a Terminator.
Jones picked Rampage apart on the outside, as soon as Page closed the distance, Jones would run away lol
He literally sprinted away at one point.

Lyoto was playign with Jones on the feet until Jones grabbed a hold of him and used his size and steroid power to choke out the dragon

Jones' kicks looked laughably telegraphed and bad in that fight

Glover landed some good body shots and upper cuts. He was swinging but Jones ate the shots and came forward like a Terminator.

He literally sprinted away at one point.

It only takes once to last a life time

Lyoto was playign with Jones on the feet until Jones grabbed a hold of him and used his size and steroid power to choke out the dragon

Jones' kicks looked laughably telegraphed and bad in that fight

Jones dropped him before choking him out

Exactly, can't be in danger if you're never there

reece.JPG

Belfort should be higher, he basically dislocated his shoulder.

I feel like Machida would have been the worse stylistically for Jones had he not been caught early.

Belfort should be higher, he basically dislocated his shoulder.

I feel like Machida would have been the worse stylistically for Jones had he not been caught early.

He was a bad style for Jones. He tagged Jones a few times in the first. But Jones made the adjustments in the 2nd..

Belforst almost armbarred him. should be above Page and Machida, and probably Glover.

Back