Corey Anderson vs. Tyson Pedro targeted for July/Long Island Fox (25) event

toe hold

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
https://mma-today.com/corey-anderson-vs-tyson-pedro-targeted-ufc-new-York

SIR

Not familiar with Izi Garcia w/MMA-Today, so reliability may be a bit sketchy until we can get some other confirmations.

Multiple sources have confirmed to MMA Today that a light heavyweight clash between Corey “Beastin 25/8” Anderson (9-3) and Tyson Pedro (6-0) is being targeted for July 22nd in New York.

The July card in New York will be the first event the UFC has held on Long Island.

Corey Anderson is looking to rebound after a devastating loss to Jimi Manuwa in London. Corey headlined the event against Manuwa and looked to use a lot of movement against the English fighter. But it only took Manuwa one left hook to finish Anderson.

Tyson Pedro is on a two fight win streak in the UFC and has never seen the second round in his entire professional career

I know that Corey Anderson had been linked as a potential short notice replacement to face Ilir Latifi in Oklahoma City next month. Latifi will probably be pulled and rescheduled for another event, most likely Rotterdam.

Good to hear him getting back to work, put the KO loss behind you and move forward. Hopefully not into not another devastating knockout loss but you know what I mean.

Rooting for Tyson. Seems like a cool dude and been looking really good so far in the ufc

I like Tyson Pedro. I hope he doesn't get laid on. He's like the one bright spot at LHW as far as prospects go.

I'm surprised Corey Anderson isn't filling in to fight Latifi in OKC.

Tyson has looked good, I thought Craig was going to walk through him. He's mostly a grappler though, I think Corey can decision him with slightly better wrestling in a boring fight.

I like Tyson Pedro. I hope he doesn't get laid on. He's like the one bright spot at LHW as far as prospects go.

I'm surprised Corey Anderson isn't filling in to fight Latifi in OKC.
Cirkunov, Antigulov, and Oezdemir, too.

Hoping for a finish for Pedro.

Corey Anderson is a very skilled fighter. He's obviously beatable, but I think he'll be too much for Pedro, at this point.

Tyson Pedro will finish him.

I like Tyson, but this feels like the kind of fight where an international prospect gets reminded that wrestling is essential

Heh, a Mike Tyson & Anderson Silva first name/last name swap...

Cool and unexpected fight! Hard to pick a winner, Corey can definitely wrestle the fuck out of him.

Back