Build The Card: UFC 214 Cormier vs. Jones II

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
We've finally got the confirmation that Cormier vs. Jones II will be the headliner for UFC 214 despite Dana White saying Jon Jones wouldn't be in a headlining fight upon his return to the UFC. I'm thinking the UFC looks to go big with this event and stack it around the return of one of their bigger stars in one of the best story lines they've had in the organization. I'm looking forward to this one.

Build a card you'd like to see under Cormier vs. Jones II and share it here! The only fights confirmed for the event so far are: Cormier vs. Jones, Lamas vs. Zombie, Choi vs. Fili, and a prelim in Jared Brooks vs. Eric Shelton. Here's my card:

PPV Main Card:

Daniel Cormier vs. Jon Jones II- LHW Title Fight
Cain Velasquez vs. Francis Ngannou
Luke Rockhold vs. Gegard Mousasi
Matt Brown vs. Mike Perry
Ricardo Lamas vs. Chan Sung Jung

FS1 Prelims:

Doo Ho Choi vs. Andre Fili
Jason Knight vs. Brian Ortega
Alan Jouban vs. Nico Price
Cortney Casey vs. Randa Markos

Fight Pass Prelims:

Tyson Pedro vs. Devin Clark
Irene Aldana vs. Lauren Murphy
Jared Brooks vs. Eric Shelton

Make your card and share it here! What are your projections for UFC 214?

Rule 1 of building a card - No WMMA..

You were onto something until you put Cain on there.

THAT would actually be a worthy ppv. I'm tired of these mediocre ppvs that aren't worth money. A ppv should have several top contender fights, and atleast 1 title defense.

The only issue I have is Cain. I really hope hes never near the belt again.

Solid job @Arkridge

Main Card (PPV)
Daniel Cormier(c) vs Jon Jones ll
Luke Rockhold vs Gegard Mousassi
Ricardo Lamas vs Chan Sung Jung
Gilbert Melendez vs Jeremy Stephens
Doo Ho Choi vs Andre Fili

Preliminary Card (FOX Sports 1)
Neil Magny vs Kamaru Usman
Tyson Pedro vs Francimar Barroso
Leslie Smith vs Lina Lansberg
Diego Rivas vs Martin Bravo

Preliminary Card (Fight Pass)
Leon Edwards vs Alex Oliveira
Alberto Mina vs Max Griffin
Luke Sanders vs Reginaldo Viera
Eric Shelton vs Jerrod Brooks

3 AKA guys on one card? Expect an injury.

DC vs. Jones 2
JDS vs. Ngannou
Shogun vs. Manuwa
Mike Perry vs. Alex Oliveira

You were onto something until you put Cain on there.

THAT would actually be a worthy ppv. I'm tired of these mediocre ppvs that aren't worth money. A ppv should have several top contender fights, and atleast 1 title defense.

The only issue I have is Cain. I really hope hes never near the belt again.

Solid job @Arkridge

Yeah, Cain is such a wild card these days thanks to injuries. I went with an AKA theme for this card though since its in California, even if its Southern California. If Cain does come back in the summer time (Originally what he had planned) I really, really want to see him fight Ngannou. I can see why you guys would be troubled by him being the Co-Main since there's a good chance he doesn't make the walk.

=

PPV Main Card:

FS1 Prelims:

I'll take these 6 fights and call it a night.

Replace Matt Brown with Kamaru Usman and you have yourself a perfect UFC card.

3 AKA guys on one card? Expect an injury.

DC vs. Jones 2
JDS vs. Ngannou
Shogun vs. Manuwa
Mike Perry vs. Alex Oliveira
Shit, I just remembered Manuwa was targeted for this event just hasn't had an opponent announced yet. I think that Shogun match up you have there is very likely. Nice.

Casey and Markos already fought recently
Did they? Meh. I'll find something else and switch it up although I couldn't care less about a middling SW fight. Haha.

I like your card
Add Platinum Mike Vs Cowboy Cerrone and I'd buy it

PPV:

Daniel Cormier x Jon Jones
Tyrone Woodley x Demien Maia
Luke Rockhold x Gegard Mousasi
Jimi Manuwa x Shogun Rua
Doo Ho Choi x Andre Fili

FS1:

Paige Van Zant x Carla Ezparza
Gilbert Melendez x Renato Moicano

Starting to forget these prelim fighters, I need to watch more fights, dang.

Replace Matt Brown with Kamaru Usman and you have yourself a perfect UFC card.
I'm a big fan of Usman. I think he'll be a title contender within a year or so. I wanna see him fight Magny next.

I like your card
Add Platinum Mike Vs Cowboy Cerrone and I'd buy it
That's a good fight but I don't think Perry deserves that yet plus Cowboy is fighting Lawler at UFC 213 already.

I'm a big fan of Usman. I think he'll be a title contender within a year or so. I wanna see him fight Magny next.

That's a good fight but I don't think Perry deserves that yet plus Cowboy is fighting Lawler at UFC 213 already.

Platinum Mike deserves the best and I'm pretty sure he'd be there to upset cowboy but yeah you(re right Cerrone has already a fight I forgot that thanks for the reminder

Rule #1 is don't put Cain and DC as main and co-main event. One or both might pull out. AKA bless.
Yep, pretty sure that's why Dana said Manuwa will be on the card. As backup. If Cain is on the card I'm sure they'll have a HW on standby as well. Make Derrick Lewis if he beats Hunt.

We've finally got the confirmation that Cormier vs. Jones II will be the headliner for UFC 214 despite Dana White saying Jon Jones wouldn't be in a headlining fight upon his return to the UFC. I'm thinking the UFC looks to go big with this event and stack it around the return of one of their bigger stars in one of the best story lines they've had in the organization. I'm looking forward to this one.

Build a card you'd like to see under Cormier vs. Jones II and share it here! The only fights confirmed for the event so far are: Cormier vs. Jones, Lamas vs. Zombie, Choi vs. Fili, and a prelim in Jared Brooks vs. Eric Shelton. Here's my card:

PPV Main Card:

FS1 Prelims:

Alan Jouban vs. Nico Price
Cortney Casey vs. Randa Markos

Fight Pass Prelims:

Tyson Pedro vs. Devin Clark
Irene Aldana vs. Lauren Murphy
Jared Brooks vs. Eric Shelton

Make your card and share it here! What are your projections for UFC 214?

Don't want my favorite fighter Matt Brown dying in the Octogon. Cerrone would be perfect if he wasn't already fighting. So Nick Diaz will have to do against Merciful Mike Perry.

Also, would like to see Tom Duquesnoy fight again. Can't think of a good opponent for him though.

Don't want my favorite fighter Matt Brown dying in the Octogon. Cerrone would be perfect if he wasn't already fighting. So Nick Diaz will have to do against Merciful Mike Perry.

Also, would like to see Tom Duquesnoy fight again. Can't think of a good opponent for him though.
I'd be willing to bet Nick never fights again. He gets plenty of money promoting club events and cannabis. And I'm thinking Duquesnoy fights on the FOX card in New York. That's where he's from right?

Main Card
Cormier vs Jones
Woodley vs Maia
Ferguson vs Nate
Cain vs Ngannou
Rockhold vs Mousasi
Alvarez vs Poirier

Prelims:
Overeem vs Travis Browne [edit: Struve vs Browne]
Barboza vs David Teymur
Giblert vs Cub
Korean Zombie vs Lamas

Fight Pass Prelims:
Doo Ho Choo vs Fili
Jason Knight vs Ortega

Edit: forgot Reem is already booked. How about Struve vs Travis?

Double Edit: just realized Travis is also booked. Scrap that HW scrap

Last edited:
Back