If Conor walks, he ends the FW and LW lineal titles.

Der Eisbär

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It really is pathetic how you see these Conor haters celebrating his possible retirement. They know how bad it is for the sport and they don't care. Millions of dollars in fighter pay will dry up. A lot of attention will go away from the sport. And worst of all, he will end the FW and LW titles that have had a lineal progression going back to the beginning of the divisions. Ending that lineal progression delegitmizes the divisions much in the same way that Cormier and Woodley are paper champs. Conor's shadow will forever hang over the divisions.

Why are haters celebrating his retirement when it's so bad for the sport? Are they really so delusional, so hateful, so full of spite and bitterness that they would prefer seeing their own favorite sport weakened just so a guy they dont like will go away?

abb01beab53fb08715ebc9cd963e4447.gif

The 145 lineal title is done anyway. Conor's never going back to FW.

He's a great talent but if he refuses to defend any titles or better yet refuses to even fight at all in MMA then he can just go.

He's a great talent but if he refuses to defend any titles or better yet refuses to even fight at all in MMA then he can just go.

I don't want him to go because he's so fun and exciting to watch.

I don't want him to go because he's so fun and exciting to watch.
Agreed. But it's been six months and he's barely said anything about MMA. If the Floyd fight does happen then he's done with the sport.

lineal titles don't end when a guy retires or moves up in weight.
crown goes on a hiatus until two worthy fighters vie for belt, generally the accepted #1&#2 top guys at that weight.

A title isn't some holy, sacred path lol. It represents the current best, the person who is best able to perform, the person at the top of the sport in that weight class.

Conor got stripped at 145. He is unable and or unwilling to defend therefore is not the champ.

If he leaves and refuses to defend at 155 it just proves his title was a fluke hype job anyways. The only people making these absurd claims about the title not being lineal or the divisions are shot or paper champs are fans of the hype, not the sport.

Imo if Conor never comes back he should have an * by his name in history, denoting his unwillingness to prove he actually deserved the title.

Same with the DC and Jones issue. DC is champ. Period. Until Jones is able to perform, he is simply the former champ.

At least to Conor, I think money matters more than defending a title

If he can find an avenue outside of mma fighting, or they take away his lw title, that's fine with me

It's highly possible he could do other things outside of mma

I think the only fight that interests him is a 3rd Nate fight tbh.. I don't think defending a belt matters, he just wanted to be a 2 division champ while he could

We'll see where he's at after the Floyd fight

Lineal titles mean shit and Conors scenario proves why. Winning a belt and refusing to defend means fuck all compared to every champion that defended, even in a losing effort. He'll get paid handsomely and run away. That's great for Conor, but may I suggest the development of a support forum for all his grieving fan boys? They won't have much else to live for.

It really is pathetic how you see these Conor haters celebrating his possible retirement. They know how bad it is for the sport and they don't care. Millions of dollars in fighter pay will dry up. A lot of attention will go away from the sport. And worst of all, he will end the FW and LW titles that have had a lineal progression going back to the beginning of the divisions. Ending that lineal progression delegitmizes the divisions much in the same way that Cormier and Woodley are paper champs. Conor's shadow will forever hang over the divisions.

Why are haters celebrating his retirement when it's so bad for the sport? Are they really so delusional, so hateful, so full of spite and bitterness that they would prefer seeing their own favorite sport weakened just so a guy they dont like will go away?

abb01beab53fb08715ebc9cd963e4447.gif

the only fight pay that dries up is conors. the only thing that ends is any hope of a legacy for conor. zero title defences. gifted the fight against alvarez after getting finished by diaz. he'll be remembered as a pampered hype job who dragged the ufc to its lowest level of WWE embarassment

Someone on here a couple days ago was arguing with me telling me that Aldo was the lineal champ lol

GSP walked with the WW lineal title. The sport seems to be doing just fine. If Conor walks maybe we'll actually get champs that try to defend their belts.

I hate Woodley but how is he a paper champ? He beat Lawler fair and square.

Someone on here a couple days ago was arguing with me telling me that Aldo was the lineal champ lol
How is he not.He beat Edgar's ass and Conor ran like a bitch from unifying.Just like now isn't that a coincidence

Last edited:
gifted the fight against alvarez after getting finished by Nate Diaz
<TrumpWrong1>

He was scheduled to fight the 155 champion RDA after he beat the p4p number one Aldo. But then RDA pulled out and he fought Nate and was finished . He then rearranged Nate's face in the rematch and only then was he given a title shot, which again, he had already been schedule to get after he beat Aldo and would have gotten it if RDA hadn't pulled out.

When he walks the lineal titles are vacant and new ones will be crowned.

Back