Gustafsson vs Teixeira Prediction - Based on Odds

roldan

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I´d like to here your opinion on the clash considering the odds. It´s shocking to me that Gus is -330 (1.3) favorite and Glover is a huge underdog (+270). I mean Gus is fighting at home which gives him an advantage (didn´t work out against Rumble though) and based on skills I put him a little bit higher than Glover, but the last fight against Blahowicz worries me a lot. He won the fight clearly using his wrestling, but in the stand up looked not good and Blahowicz was scoring on the feet. Plus I don´t thing Gus can use his wrestling against Glover so I feel like this fight will be mostly a stand up battle.
On the other hand, Glover didn´t look spectacular against Cannonier either, eventhough he also won clearly, using wrestling. Plus Glover suffered a huge KO loss against Rumble. Anyway, eventhough I don´t bet anymore, I feel like I could place a bet on Glover based on the odds.
I think it´s 60/40 chance that Gustafsson is gonna win, so bet on Glover has a huge value.
What´s your take on this ? Thanks

That scary guy in you AV beats them both.

Gus should win it, he's the better striker in my opinion, and his ttd is high 90's, keep it standing and he should get it.

He took down Jones he can take down Glover if he wants. If he loses its TKO just like Rumble no one will ever KO him if Rumble could not do it.

That scary guy in you AV beats them both.

Monson? He looks scary but would get worked in the UFC now for sure, even in his prime.

If I was in Vegas I would throw money on Texiera, by 1st KO.

Which fighters do have more MMA fights then Monson. According to Wiki he had 88 MMA fights.

Stylistically, Gus is a nightmare matchup for Glover because he is used to fighting stiff knockout artists like Glover. Glover is good everywhere, and very powerful, but he's a slow puncher and I think Gus will pick him apart. Rumble was different because he's not your typical knockout artist, he is deceptively fast and had excellent head movement, which is why Gus didn't make it out of the 1st round with him.

I have a really hard time seeing Gustafsson lose this one, although crazier things have happened. He matches up very well with Teixeira in every facet.

Back