Whittaker is going to beat Romero pretty easily

Meulenhof

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Whittaker is much better boxer. If Romero wants to take him down he will get back up. Whittaker is too Young and too fast with his strikes. He is going to TKO gay Jesus inside 2 rounds.

It's true.
Romero will go down in the first two rounds.

Its an interesting fight but Romero I think presents a greater challenge than Jacare both in terms of striking and wrestling.

Romero has never really depended on having large amounts of ground control in a fight, its much more unloading with GnP quickly when he gets it.

Last edited:
Wouldn't surprise me if Whittaker wins, Romero has shown a lot of holes in his game, is old and has given up a lot of rounds in his career. Romero isn't the unstoppable beast people pretend to see him as. That being said...Yoel Romero is a freak athlete, incredible takedowns and he is truly one of the most unpredictable strikers I have ever seen.....he explodes on a dime, constantly changes his rhythm and has an impetuous style you cannot easily prepare for.

I'm stoked for this fight, gotta pull for Romero. Whittaker will have his chance but the UFC robbed Jacare of his and they're trying to rob Romero too.

I hope so. Stylistically i favour whittaker but romero is a freak of nature and can explode at any time

Whittaker and Gastelum are the two best at MW IMO

Yep. I think he's gonna win too. I don't know about "easily" but I think he will UD

This shit won't be easy for either guy.

This is a real fucking titlefight and im stoked for it. Winner should defend against Mousasi

Romero gonna taste Bobby's knuckles. Round 1 KO

Whittaker got cracked by Stephen Thompson, I'm sure Whittaker could hurt Romero too but if Romero connects clean Whittaker is going out.

Bring it on
FrigidUnselfishBrahmancow.gif

WideeyedShoddyCatbird.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

weidman-romero-KO.gif

Romero by destruction

I don't think it will be easy for Whittaker but I do see him winning. He is evolving every fight and his striking looks great. I honestly think future of MW lies with him, Gastellum, rockhold and mousassi. Yes in aware rockhold got knocked our but I still see him as champion again. MW division never been better. I look forward to future match ups

If Wittaker takes the belt and Kelvin beats Wideman it'll be like a chaging of the guard, a new generation of young middleweight's coming in and clearing out the old dead wood. I'm all for it.

Idk about "pretty easily" but this is a decent stylistic matchup for Whittaker.

This is easily the "real" title fight, can't wait!

Back