*Max Holloway Vs Frankie Edgar: Who would get it?*

Per usual, it comes down to Edgar getting the takedown.

If he can, Halloway is fucked. If he can't, he gets picked apart on the feet.

I think Holloway would decision him...but Frankie would make it a tough fight

Per usual, it comes down to Edgar getting the takedown.

If he can, Halloway is fucked. If he can't, he gets picked apart on the feet.

We all know that. Question is, what do you believe would happen if they fight?

We all know that. Question is, what do you believe would happen if they fight?

Not a lot of evidence. Halloway hasn't faced a serious wrestler in awhile.

I'd lean towards Edgar. Halloway is an output striker. That give a lot of chances for him to get in on Halloway's hips.

Tough fight to call. Holloway has fought very few top notch wrestlers so it is hard to say. He would use his length better than Yair but while he is athletic, he isn't Aldo level athletic and I have no clue what his tdd is like for 5 rounds. Very tough fight to call.

Probably Edgar... but if he can't get the take down he loses.

Not a lot of evidence. Halloway hasn't faced a serious wrestler in awhile.

I'd lean towards Edgar. Halloway is an output striker. That give a lot of chances for him to get in on Halloway's hips.

Max relies on switching stances a lot in his fights, but if Edgar times the stance switch then Edgar's signature knee tap will come easier. Not to mention that Max has been kicking a lot more lately, but Frankie is the best at countering kicks and turning them into takedowns. If max limits his stance switching and kicks in fear of the TD, then the fight becomes a lot closer on the feet.

I'd pick edgar by a hard fought decision.

Last edited:
Edgar wins.
Edgar's level changes will be difference, Max has too many things to worry & will put him on the defensive.

Edgar would get it. Max is too ugly for my taste. Too pointy.

<DisgustingHHH>

Max is gonna smoke Aldo but Frankie would Yair him. Hell conor out wrestled him

styles make fights

Never bet against the Answer. I dont see Max KOing Frankie, and also Frankie won't be playing in Maxes striking game. Max will be taken down and it will UD for the Answer. I'd say 85% that fightwould go like this.

Back