Mike Goldberg vs Jon Anik

Typrune Goatley

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
A lot of threads on commentary teams but I just want to keep it real simple between Anik and Goldberg.

Anik recently replaced Goldberg as the official Play by Play man.

Who do you think is better at the job?

I think Goldberg was better. Very professional delivery. Better energy. Made the occasional mistake but that is going to happen after calling thousands of UFC fights.

Can a mod please make a poll?

Why make this thread? You know the answer already.

<Goldie11><Goldie11><Goldie11><Goldie11><Goldie11><Goldie11><Goldie11><Goldie11><Goldie11><Goldie11><Goldie11><Goldie11><Goldie11><Goldie11><Goldie11><Goldie11><Goldie11><Goldie11><Goldie11><Goldie11><Goldie11><Goldie11>

Goldberg...1000%.

Anik is boring as hell.

Likable idiot vs self loving douche

I'll go with the former

I don't think a poll would tell us anything we don't already know. Goldie by armbar.

Although, Anik is growing on me, largely due to his passion and vast knowledge of the sport.

I like Anik.
Of course the answer is Goldie by a mile

Likable idiot
On air
This is basically Goldie in a nutshell

And TS is exaggerating....Goldberg didnt make the occasional flub.....he fucked up stats, names, play by play and he butchered the english language and the sentence structure he spoke in.... literallly every event....
But Even with his flaws, he grew on you....
Add in the fact that his bloopers are hilarious ( "matt and his brother used to pound each behind the barn")and you got a guy who is funnier than rogan(albeit unintentionally)
And that made him all the more endearing

Last edited:
Goldie easily. Anik has that cookie-cutter delivery and affect on his voice that sounds like he just graduated from a hackneyed broadcasting school.

Goldie and if you told me I'd be saying Goldie over almost anyone 2yrs. ago, I would have told you to take a long john up the poop chute.

Pffft...Goldie Baby!!!!

Goldberg!. Anik has a very boring and monotone voice, he doesn't have a smooth voice at all.

On his very worst day Goldberg pisses all over Anik.

A true legend of the sport

goldie11-626x4251.jpg

Goldie by far. Poor guy just got dumped on by the entire internet. Reality has sunk in an the people remember how great he was. I mean this is the guy who would say things during the Maia/Gunnar fight like "their bjj is this is a high level chess match, Joe." LOL that's HILARIOUS.

Hard to get worse than Goldturd

Goldie....They really need to bring him back, he was brilliant and so likeable.

Back