Most title defenses, holding a title in 2 different weight classes or...

hitman911

MindJaxd
@Brown
Reaction score
Holding a title in 2 different weight classes at once? Which of these do u think carry more value on a fighters legacy?

Regarding MM seemingly ducking TJ, does it appear most title defenses is tops for him? MM is the GOAT.... of flyweight, which has been around for what..... 3-4 years? This guy has a chance to fight TJ, and if he were to win that fight, that almost guarantees in a title shot at BW. Another option is to possibly vacate the flyweight championship and request an interim BW championship fight with TJ.

What is this guy thinking?

I feel like if TJ drops down to 125lbs and the UFC tries to make that fight, DJ would be a duck and a fool to refuse in favor of....Ray fucking Borg?

That being said, I hope TJ stays at 135lbs...TJ vs Cody is the fight to make, let the little shrew Mouse come out of his hole and move up to 135lbs when he's ready, in the meanwhile let him break the defense record.

Conor's two titles are largely discredited because for one he fought a champion that was not the best guy in the division and on top of that Conor refuses to defend against the legit challengers. MM's streak is against sub par competition so his record really is meaningless too. Anderson's record was a lot more meaningful and so was BJ's two title in two different weight classes. MM and Conor can both shut up their detractors but they don't seem too keen on it.

Here is the pecking order.

1)Title defenses because that is the responsibility of a champion.

2)A second belt. Once you've done your part as defending champ in weight class you deserve to move on.

3) Hold two at once ONLY if you can defend both. If you miss your old belt get it back. Don't stall a division over this shit. A champion has a responsibility to keep their division competitive

Winning a belt and not defending is not as impressive as being the top in a weight class for years and crushing everyone in your path.

MM is still on the first. He said he'll move up after a few more defenses. We'll see how that goes. Until the he'll do what champions should do. Rule their division with an iron fist and a tight choke.

Gotta go with most title defenses. That at least means you're definitely the best guy in your division, whereas getting a 2nd belt could be attributed to favorable match making.

If TJ can make the weight, let him bang.

It will suck if he wins, because he is definitely moving back to 135 to fight Cody. He will become mini Conor and hold 2 titles while not defending either.. and the cycle repeats its self with people saying the next 125 champ will be a paper champ.. mm was exposed etc

Conor's two titles are largely discredited because for one he fought a champion that was not the best guy in the division and on top of that Conor refuses to defend against the legit challengers. MM's streak is against sub par competition so his record really is meaningless too. Anderson's record was a lot more meaningful and so was BJ's two title in two different weight classes. MM and Conor can both shut up their detractors but they don't seem too keen on it.

I'll agree that the win over Alvarez was not on par with dethroning Jose Aldo, but how are you glossing over the 13 second destruction of Jose f'ing Aldo? The man hadn't lost in a decade and is STILL an absolute monster. He recent win over Frankie was impressive as fuck.

Gotta go with most title defenses. That at least means you're definitely the best guy in your division, whereas getting a 2nd belt could be attributed to favorable match making.
I get that, but in MM case, he is a big fish in a very small pond, being the division is still very new and I don't know a whole lot of men in the 140lb range period let alone guys trying to cut to 125lbs to be a pro fighter and I train with several pros and a lot of inspiring pro fighters.

If feel MM should vacate the 125 title and move up to 135 and pursue that division. He will never be surpassed at 125 like AS will never be surpassed at MW. What is more to prove?

I'll agree that the win over Alvarez was not on par with dethroning Jose Aldo, but how are you glossing over the 13 second destruction of Jose f'ing Aldo? The man hadn't lost in a decade and is STILL an absolute monster. He recent win over Frankie was impressive as fuck.

I wss talking about his dual weight championship accomplishment. His Fw run is undoubtedly impressive.

It isn't starching Aldo that he gets flack over. It's the fact that once he did that he sat on the belt, under the guise that he "intended" to defend, while fighting Diaz at 170, rematching Diaz at 170, etc etc etc. The fact that he was stripped like 10 days after he won the lightweight title only serves to support the idea that it was all a marketing ploy by the UFC and Conor. He had no intention of defending at 145, unless he had no other option.

Back