Is the McGregor era the worst in MMA history?

OlympicDom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
All this talk of money fights, not defending belts against legitimate contenders etc seems to be a direct result of the impact that Conor McGregor has had on the UFC. I guess it's not really Conor's fault, but more the UFC's and the other fighters', but has he permanently changed the culture of MMA for the worse?

Yes.

In fact it's even worst for Sherdog standards. All the true posters left, and now we're left with metro sexual teenage conor fans plaguing these boards. Conor fans have no idea who and what MMA was prior to 2015.

It's really an embarrassing time, but I won't stop humbling them.

I'm not sure it's the worst era, but we definitely have the worst group of champions in MMA history. It really makes me miss the days when we had champs like Liddell, Hughes, GSP, Franklin, Silva....guys who would fight absolutely anyone.

It's not his era.

And if he steps into a ring with Floyd...

...all of the Conor lovers will turn into former Ronda lovers.

The.

End.

Divisions getting put on hold is absolutely stupid.

Strip anyone who doesn't defend within 6 months, and get the show on the road.

Calling an era by his name already states that how influential he has become and i dont care about the era being worse or better

Yes.

In fact it's even worst for Sherdog standards. All the true posters left, and now we're left with metro sexual teenage conor fans plaguing these boards. Conor fans have no idea who and what MMA was prior to 2015.

Join date?
Not sure if serious or trolling...yourself.

He's not the best fighter, but you'd be stupid to argue that there's been a fighter more influential in this time period.

lol

Not ONE of my fighter friends rep Conor.

Not.

One.

Whereas the mainstream media has indeed bought into the hype.

...relatively speaking.

No. But I'm afraid the post-McGregor era is going to suck and that we are already in it.

If the man makes $75 million in a fight against Mayweather, we may never see him again.

McGregor was highly entertaining as a fighter, but I hate this game he's playing now.

Yes.

fuck are you even on about?

Yeah how dare fighters try to maximize their earnings in their incredibly short athletic window

Fuck em. They should be brawling every other week.

Just because he joined Sherdog in 2015 doesn't mean he started following MMA in 2015 you goof.
Well he must know a lot about the sport, since he beat you by two years.
So he's an old timer compared to you.
Do you remember when Tito put the lhw division on hold because he was scared to fight Chuck? I do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back