Nunes vs Shevchenko II is the main event for UFC 213

OlympicDom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Imo Nunes vs Shevchenko II should be the 4th fight on the card. You definitely don't want people walking out before the "main event" begins, a la UFC 200 when people were walking out after Brock's fight. Main events and fight order should be decided on popular appeal, not titles. Me personally, I'd rather watch Whittaker - Romero, Overeem - Werdum and Cowboy - Lawler before the chick fight. Nothing against WMMA, but not all championship fights should be pushed to the front of the queue.

Yeah, this shoving WMMA down our throats is beyond ridonk.

Not a hater, but no way should they be main-eventing PPVs.

We've already got Invicta for the hard-core wmma enthusiasts for fux sake.

Bah, whatever. I stopped caring about the bouts order and that kind of stuff. With all the mind boggling crap we see from the UFC on almost a daily basis, this, among other things, has become the least of my concerns about this org.

Eh. It's probably the 4th or 5th best fight on the main card, but it's for a title so why not?

<Fedor23>

WMMA haters should enjoy that women are headlining. This way you can see the fight you want earlier and move on with your life.

All those fights you listed are way better

Romero vs Whittaker is going to be awesome, that should be it

To make something positive out of it, at least we get to see those other fights first

It's just the UFC trying to push wmma

Perfect !
That means I can watch everything important then turn that crap off and still get to bed early enough to go fishing.

Imo Nunes vs Shevchenko II should be the 4th fight on the card. You definitely don't want people walking out before the "main event" begins, a la UFC 200 when people were walking out after Brock's fight. Main events and fight order should be decided on popular appeal, not titles. Me personally, I'd rather watch Whittaker - Romero, Overeem - Werdum and Cowboy - Lawler before the chick fight. Nothing against WMMA, but not all championship fights should be pushed to the front of the queue.

Go back and research the PPV buyrates, TV ratings and other metrics for all of the fights you listed that should go above Nunes-Shevchenko. If you conduct objective research, you will find Nunes-Shevchenko has the better metrics. The UFC has all of the data and they can predict which main event will sell more than others--that is why they had Cody-TJ headline at first before Cody's medical issue. Picking the main event is not about emotion or what the hard core fan wants, but what will sell to the casuals. Remember, all of us hard cores loved UFC 211, but it will probably only generate 300,000 buys because Stipe or JDS did not resonate with the casuals.

Fuck anybody that bitches. This is a fucking incredible card.

Kind of weak, but it should be a decent fight for at least the first 2-3 rounds.

To the ufc, it doesn't matter when people walk out. They already got paid and won't be issuing any refunds.

Yeah, this shoving WMMA down our throats is beyond ridonk.

Not a hater, but no way should they be main-eventing PPVs.

We've already got Invicta for the hard-core wmma enthusiasts for fux sake.
I thought you liked things being shoved down your throat??
tumblr_nu5a2pphVY1tq4of6o1_500.gif

This must be really important, since a thread literally gets made every time this happens and the same people come here to bitch about it. Maybe some of you should go watch something that doesn't piss you off every day.

If you don't like it, shut off the tv after the co-main. B*tching about it isn't gonna change anything.

After the epic ness of 2016 this year for mma is turning out to be rather lackluster I still have hope for the end of the year tho

Conor vs Floyd would fill in that void

Back