UFC as an event vs. Bellator

WeirdFacts

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I just watched my first Bellator show and my eye was instantly caught by the production value of the show. Same with Pride back in the day. UFC has never offered anything except for the actual fights and the buildup to them, at which they are the best as they have most of the talent and have a lot of media stuff (interviews, the embedded etc.). Why are the actual events so boring outside of the fights? I mean the guys walk to the stage in a narrow path surrounded by cameramen, random security crew etc.

The show is non-existent and there's really no reason to even watch the show, just listen, in-between fights. Bellator seems like a 100x better show from the spectator point of view. As we know, UFC treats their lower end fighters like trash so I'm not wondering a bit why so many fighters praise Bellator's conduct with them. I hope this causes a bigger shift of fighters from UFC to Bellator and we as fans and viewers get a better show.

giphy.gif

Fan of both. Nothing wrong with a little competition. Hopefully Bellator can continue picking up quality free agents.

Pacing is already awful in UFC events, why would you want them to add extra shit that would make it even slower?

As we know, UFC treats their lower end fighters like trash so I'm not wondering a bit why so many fighters praise Bellator's conduct with them. I hope this causes a bigger shift of fighters from UFC to Bellator and we as fans and viewers get a better show.

We do not know that. The UFC minimum is $10,000 show and $10,000 win with a $2,500 Reebok payment. In contrast, Bellator pays its mid-tier to lower end fighters much, much less than the UFC. For example, outside of the top five fights, the bottom tier fights on Bellator 172 earned the following:

Nikko Jackson: $2,000 (includes $1,000 win bonus)
def. Cesar Gonzalez: $1,000

J.J. Okanovich: $3,000 (includes $1,500 win bonus)
def. Zach Andrews: $1,500

James Terry: $6,000 (includes $3,000 win bonus)
def. J.C. Llamas: $2,500

Gaston Bolanos: $4,000 (no win bonus)
def. Abner Perez: $1,000

Diego Herzog: $2,500 (no win bonus since fight ended via draw)
vs. Martin Sano: $2,000 (no win bonus since fight ended via draw)

Justin Tenedora: $2,000 (includes $1,000 win bonus)
def. Roque Reyes: $1,000

Juan Cardenas: $2,000 (includes $1,000 win bonus)
def. Luis Vargas: $1,000

Bobby Escalante: $2,000 (includes $1,000 win bonus)
def. Anthony Do: $1,500

Jeremy Murphy: $2,400 (includes $1,200 win bonus)
def. Matthew Ramirez: $1,800

Abraham Vaesau: $2,000 (includes $1,000 win bonus)
def. Dominic Sumner: $1,000

Fan of both. Nothing wrong with a little competition. Hopefully Bellator can continue picking up quality free agents.

True, both are great but, at least in my eyes, it seems clear they would gain popularity by giving more attention to the walk-ins and the general ambience of the venue as well. UFC seems so cold compared to the others.

Some interesting points: If I remember right, it was in the 2012 summer Olympics that they actually gave an individual walk-in portion for all the teams in the relay races at the stadium. It didn't take much time and it gained HUGE positive media attention to the Olympics and was overall deemed an excellent addition to the show. Normally they just walk in and get introduced a minute before the run actually starts and everybody is already there on their marks. The viewers of sports shows enjoy getting a more personal feel of the competitors / fighters.

We do not know that. The UFC minimum is $10,000 show and $10,000 win with a $2,500 Reebok payment. In contrast, Bellator pays its mid-tier to lower end fighters much, much less than the UFC. For example, outside of the top five fights, the bottom tier fights on Bellator 172 earned the following:

Fuck, getting paid $1,000 for 4-6 weeks of training just to get your shit pushed in.... got to be easier ways to make money than that

Fuck, getting paid $1,000 for 4-6 weeks of training just to get your shit pushed in.... got to be easier ways to make money than that

Agreed!!!

I wish MMA fans would actually do some research on Bellator before declaring it to be overall better for fighters than the UFC. I hope the UFC will raise the minimum again so the low tier fighters can receive more pay, but Bellator's salaries for the low tier fighters are very sad.

Last edited:
Pacing is already awful in UFC events, why would you want them to add extra shit that would make it even slower?

Have you been to a ufc fight in person? I went to my first card recently. Showed up before the first undercard and left after the main event. Everything seemed super organized. I don't think they could have squeezed in another fight in the time frame. I was never bored the entire night.

Only been to a UFC event and it was pretty meh imo.

Most casuals I have tried to turn on to Bellator have laughed when they saw the Bellator entrances.

I don't mind, used to be a WWE fan as a kid. But I get why some would find it corny.

Plus they make local fighters sell tickets to have the pleasure of fighting in front of an empty arena

I went to two Strikeforce events and they were awesome one in Columbus when Hendo KOd some guy maybe Feijao? and Yoel Romero made his debut, but I thought Feijao KOd Romero, maybe I was too drunk but it seemed like Feijao fought twice in one night, and another in Cincinnati when Comier KOd Bigfoot, both times leaving the arenas I thought why in the fuck isn't the UFC dieing. At that time I think Randy was HW champ or something. After watching the Strikeforce cards in person it was hard for me to take UFC seriously until Cain became champ.

You would think with wme being their boss they would make it more theatrical and entertaining but they are instead becoming more bland they fight kits also make it even more boring to watch.

Yeah...pretty low if you're a nobody...but you would think UFC fighters would be making much much more because it's UFC....but you know what comes with that 10k pay? your soul....for the time you're under the UFC contract...

I hate the look and feel of bellator. They put on a few good fights and thats all i care to see

Back