How confident are you that TJ could make 125lbs in August?

How confident are you that TJ could make 125lbs in August?

• Total voters

Meathead Jock

WAR ASKREN
@Gold
Reaction score
If i'm Mighty Mouse I worry about him showing up at 129lbs at the weigh ins and the company/peer pressure goes crazy on him needing to fight TJ regardless.

Edit: thanks @KJJChamp for posting this:

TJ-Dillashaw-vs-Joe-Soto-UFC-177w_3596_logo.jpg

Last edited:
TJ says he walks around 150 lbs...which is pretty amazing to me.

I mean he could cut to 125 I suppose, but it ain't gonna be a pretty cut, I can say.

100%. Isnt the biggest at 135 and is a professional. Just hope Johnson doesn't duck and takes this fight. Big fan but I'm tired of him steamrolling everybody and want to see him in a war.

He once said he walks around at 148, some FLWs walk around significantly heavier.

90% but I voted 100 since there's no 90.

TJ says he walks around 150 lbs...which is pretty amazing to me.

I mean he could cut to 125 I suppose, but it ain't gonna be a pretty cut, I can say.
I remember him saying in some video that during camp he actually gets as low as 145-140

He looks like death at BW weigh ins but anything is possible.

Real question is why DJ is ducking him?

think of the proportional cut there....145 down to 125 that's a lot of weight...

I have friends in that weight range healthy, lean and fit. If they tried to cut to 125 that's gonna hurt.

I remember when Thiago Alves was making his LW debut, and I think it was possibly Ariel who asked him "Have you done a test cut"? And Thiago shrugs it off like it's no big deal. Then he misses weight, loses, and is immediately back up to 170.

We see this shit happen so often, and we know from Pettis that even it being a title fight doesn't make any difference in cutting those final few pounds.

Why risk having an opponent miss weight in a title fight? There's so few active champions as it is, show some respect and have the challenger win a fight in the weight class before jeopardizing an active champion.

This company doesn't learn and neither do fans.

I think he can do it but don't expect a title defense if he wins

I don't think TJ needs to win a fight first. But I do think he needs to document a successful test cut. He can show up to any weigh in and if he makes 125lbs the fight becomes officially booked for a future event.

75%

he said he can make it, I tend to trust him.... but there are obviously some doubts

I mean seriously...

If i'm Mighty Mouse I worry about him showing up at 129lbs at the weigh ins and the company/peer pressure goes crazy on him needing to fight TJ regardless.
Mighty Mouse would be hoping that TJ would show up 129 lbs. That way he doesn't lose his belt when TJ puts a beating on him.

I mean seriously...

Right I look at that and think "no way he can lose 10 more pounds".

The thing he has going for him is he proved he could make 135 for a full TUF season. In some cases fighters on TUF are up a weight class because its too hard to hit max weight loss multiple times in a short time span.

I would need to rewatch his season to see what kind of struggle he had (or didn't have).

TJ stays ripped year round, he's a real high level athlete unlike most UFC schlubs. TJ doesn't cut much weight and it's pretty clear TJ is smaller than Cruz and Cody. Can TJ make 125? Probably. Will he be somewhat diminished from the cut? Certainly. The question is how diminished?

Anyways TJ is 31, now is too late for a career drop to 125lbs....And I'm much more interested in Cody vs TJ than TJ vs DJ. We can't clog up another fucking division with a bullshit "superfight". Haven't we learned from GSP vs Bisping and Conor's bullshit? It isn't worth it most of the time.

Last edited:
100% but i bet he leaves the sauna on a stretcher and doesn't fight.

I bet MM begs the commission to ban towels by the scale

Back