Aldo fan: I'm worried this fight will look like Ferguson v. RDA

welcometohavoc

Yellow Card
Yellow Card
Reaction score
I think the pressure and movement from Max might be too much for Aldo.

Aldo has some of the best ringmanship in MMA. It's going to be interesting though since both of them fight best on the defensive and Max has crazy reach for the weight class.

Aldo has some of the best ringmanship in MMA. It's going to be interesting though since both of them fight best on the defensive and Max has crazy reach for the weight class.
<{vega}>
Holloway's reach: 69 inches
Aldo's: 70 inches

bc25b68cc0901ccad97ffa86cda48bea_alright-alright-youre-one-smart-cheese-drago-meme-if-he-dies_260-146.gif

Just kidding. Aldo will be fine. He is a badass. Should be a hell of a fight. Wish I was watching it now.

Maybe pressuring Aldo will work in Aldo's favor.
Might bring out the dog in him.

Max puts a lot of pressure on and angles off exchanges better then most. I think this might be the changing of the guard, but I have a hard time picking against Aldo no matter how good his opponent has looked.

You know you use your height as reach right?
How do you do that outside of kicks when clearly you have the same reach? I can see using it for power while punching down, but not sure how you use it for reach.

You know you use your height as reach right?

I don't know if Aldo will crumple against every opponent with a height advantage. He did well against Florian who looked pretty tall compared to him.

Aldo will smoke Max thats all you need to know, mark this post.

How do you do that outside of kicks when clearly you have the same reach? I can see using it for power while punching down, but not sure how you use it for reach.
There is a chance I'm just an idiot, but in theory couldn't a fighter use his torso length to lean in and out of range? Seems like common sense to me. Though I'll admit I'm surprised that Aldo's arm length is slightly longer.

Back