Bellator can compete with the UFC now

FlyingDeathKick

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
The UFC is letting a lot of top fighters go and Bellator is starting to look like a serious threat. However why the fuck are they putting on a ppv full of old men? They have guys like Rory Macdonald, Phil Davis, Lorenz Larkin etc... But instead they decide to make a few fights with retired old men and call it a ppv? Meanwhile the serious contenders and prospects are fighting on free tv...

UFC got Will Brooks and Eddie Alvarez. It hasn't just been a one way giveaway. Michael Page is about to test free agency so maybe they'll scope him too.

But regardless Rory is a big deal and shouldn't have happened. But guys like Lorenz Larkin and Phil Davis aren't strong enough to start a serious competition. Bellator's certainly getting into position though.

a couple of their divisions can, but not overall they cant.... they are gaining ground though

it's still too far between those companies. truth is, UFC still has most of the talent and most of the relevant names. FLW, BW, FW, LL, WW and MW divisions are absolutely stacked. there's not even a shred of comparison. + even in HW they have most of the big names. and all the female fighters that are worth anything, if you care about that.

UFC needs a complete crisis for another company to be competitive. I can see it happening but it hasn't happened yet.

Nah, those UFC rejects in Strikefarce would all get owned by elite UFC fighters too

Even as bizarre as the UFC is right now, Bellator is still a distant second.

Okay I looked it up and I guess Lima vs Larkin is on the card and Chandler is as well. Still though, Sonnen vs Wanderlei as the main event??? Both guys are old as fuck, Wanderlei hasn't fought since 2013 and Sonnen gives up at the first sign of adversity.

36ib5lw-gif.3558

a couple of their divisions can, but not overall they cant.... they are gaining ground though

It's definitely a good opportunity for Bellator, we'll see if they will capitalize on it or not. During the Zuffa era, people in the UFC worked hard but inside the company on every level there was a very positive atmosphere. A few insiders mentioned how things are not looking good now, there is a lot of tension in the air and people are not happy. Also, the new owners are for the most part looking to get their money back fast by sacrificing long term plans, while Zuffa often lost money on some events but it payed back in the end cause it was a wise investment.

UFC got Will Brooks and Eddie Alvarez. It hasn't just been a one way giveaway. Michael Page is about to test free agency so maybe they'll scope him too.

But regardless Rory is a big deal and shouldn't have happened. But guys like Lorenz Larkin and Phil Davis aren't strong enough to start a serious competition. Bellator's certainly getting into position though.

Bellator looks brilliant letting Brooks go and keeping Chandler... honestly I thought Chandler won the first fight anyways.

it's still too far between those companies. truth is, UFC still has most of the talent and most of the relevant names. FLW, BW, FW, LL, WW and MW divisions are absolutely stacked. there's not even a shred of comparison. + even in HW they have most of the big names. and all the female fighters that are worth anything, if you care about that.

UFC needs a complete crisis for another company to be competitive. I can see it happening but it hasn't happened yet.
At one point Strikeforce had the best WMMA fighters and the best Middleweights as well. Nobody knew how good guys like Luke and Jacare were because they hadn't fought in the UFC.

Bellator looks brilliant letting Brooks go and keeping Chandler... honestly I thought Chandler won the first fight anyways.
Why do they look brilliant? Will Brooks was the best lightweight in Bellator and they lost him. That first Michael Chandler bout may have been close, but there was a rematch and Brooks TKO'd him.

At one point Strikeforce had the best WMMA fighters and the best Middleweights as well. Nobody knew how good guys like Luke and Jacare were because they hadn't fought in the UFC.
that's true, but with bellator I think the divisions are very shallow and we have a lot of fighters crossing one company to the other, like will brooks and marcin held, and we can attest the strength of their divisions better.

It's definitely a good opportunity for Bellator, we'll see if they will capitalize on it or not. During the Zuffa era, people in the UFC worked hard but inside the company on every level there was a very positive atmosphere. A few insiders mentioned how things are not looking good now, there is a lot of tension in the air and people are not happy. Also, the new owners are for the most part looking to get their money back fast by sacrificing long term plans, while Zuffa often lost money on some events but it payed back in the end cause it was a wise investment.
yeah as long as they invest in the right talent, they could become legit competition

UFC gets people to buy for 65 bucks at a 300k clip monthly. While Bellator struggles to hit 800k on a regular basis on TV.

Gate wise? It is not even remotely close.
Talent wise? Not even remotely close.

The two are so far apart it is not even funny.

At 170 and 205 they can. Not sure about the other weight classes.

I think Lorenz Larkin is going to do well in Bellator. He made Magny look like he didn't even belong in there his last UFC fight. Total domination

Why do they look brilliant? Will Brooks was the best lightweight in Bellator and they lost him. That first Michael Chandler bout may have been close, but there was a rematch and Brooks TKO'd him.
Uhh, because Brooks has totally shit the bed in the UFC. Dont be dense, dude

Back