Ricky " The Sniper" Rainey Joins Shoot The 1s

ShootTheOnesPodcast

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Shoot The 1s interviews Bellator superstar Ricky " The Sniper " Rainey in episode 16! (14:15)
Genya and Dema also review this weekends fights from Invicta 23 Niedzwiedz vs Porto and Bellator 179 Macdonald vs Daley as well as go over the most recent mma news!

Soundcloud:

MMAPodcast.com: http://mmapodcast.com/shootthe1s/

* Also listen to us on sticher, Youtube or anywhere that top mma podcasts are heard.

CCBOIRN.gif

Shoot the ones! My favorite podcast ever! You guys are awesome!

Shoot the ones! My favorite podcast ever! You guys are awesome!

Thanks MyJohnson9, we think you are awesome too! Always appreciate the support my friend, glad to have you on board and hope you enjoy episode 16!

* Also thanks for supporting from the ground up. Means a lot.

Last edited:

Lol, I like this meme you used, fair point but it might be wordy.

Us: Shoot The 1s is myself (Genya) and (Dema) we are nobody special just two mma analyst who started as hardcore fans similar to many here on Sherdog. We had discussed doing an MMA podcast for many years before we finally sat down and gave it a shot. Personally I have been watching on a weekly basis since the mid 90's. I also have successfully gambled MMA for 14+ years. I know I am a tad bit older lol (32) and Dema is 27, like myself he got into MMA a few short years after I did and we have been watching, gambling and analyzing fights for a very long time together as you see. So we thought " Fuck man, we do this every week anyways, lets just put it on a recording," and that's how we got started. We have been consistent with providing and have learned many new editing techniques through Logic to provide exclusive weekly MMA Podcast for our listeners. I gotta say UseARubberGaurd it has been loads of fun man! The support we have received has really been a treat and a pleasant surprise. I think part of that is because MMA fans are experts at smelling out fake's and bull shitters and people can tell if you are an expert or putting on in a quick fashion. We are always striving to get better, but feel good about our growth as podcasters and hope you give us a listen my friend.

Check the prior comment for info on Ricky. I will add to that, if you never listen to a single episode of Shoot The 1s, at least check out Ricky and his interview and catch his next fight. I personally know him fairly well as we lived on the same level of Scott Hall Dormitary at WCU. He also roomed with my freshman roommate and good friend for the following 2 years. We catch every fight of his we can and cheered him on through all of amateurs. He has amassed a record of 12-4 Professionally while being 5-0 as an amateur. And to be honest we even talk about it on this weeks podcast realistically he should be 14-2 but there was some awful judging (Don't believe me check them out for yourself, awful robberies) vs two famous guys little brothers Chidi njokuani and Dhiego Lima. This guy is the real deal though, watch his next fight! He is also just a stand up human being and he has not changed at all with this newfound success like some do. Just a quiet chill dude who is one hell of an athlete. He played for WCU football team during my time there and he was such a beats athlete he was as fast as the faster CB's and WR's and lifted with the Linemen. He is really no joke of an athlete just needs the opportunity. His last fight he beat Gilbert Smith who won his opening round fight on this season of TUF. He also beat Dhiego Lima up and he won last week on the same show, to kind of give you a roundabout idea where he ranks. Tapology has him 85th and that is probably the best ranking system but it is still super fishy. I mean GSP is 92 and Razak Al Hassan is like 101. I think they got work to do lol.

The name Shoot The 1s is that old school saying of a fair one on one fight. Urban dictionary explains it better. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Shoot the ones

My man UseARubberGaurd what a great question and please excuse the super in depth answer. Also you got some cool picture memes man! Appreciate the interaction and hope you check out and enjoy the show.

Last edited:
Back