Aldo vs Ferguson - LW Interim Title

Bewareofdawg

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think this may be The UFC's plan, if Aldo beats Holloway

How do you think this fight goes?

Why do you think it's the plan?
They have been quiet in regards to LW. It may be because they are waiting on McGregor. But it also may be because they are waiting on something else (Like the Aldo/Holloway result).
What else can they do at LW right now?
What else could Aldo do at FW if he beats Holloway?

It just makes sense to me. It would set up a huge rematch with McGregor if Aldo wins too.

They have been quiet in regards to LW. It may be because they are waiting on McGregor. But it also may be because they are waiting on something else (Like the Aldo/Holloway result).
What else can they do at LW right now?
What else could Aldo do at FW if he beats Holloway?

It just makes sense to me. It would set up a huge rematch with McGregor if Aldo wins too.

I bet they are begging Nate to take the fight for the interim belt
Then (if he wins somehow) he would make Nate vs Conor 3: Champion vs champion

Casuals will buy it

I don't think they will do jack shit with Aldo if he beats Max.
They refused to allow him to fight Pettis while holding the FW belt, though they allowed Conor the exact same luxury.
Dana has always held Jose at arms length when it comes to promotion, some of which is due to his history of pulling out of fights.

NO! Wouldn't happen, the UFC doesn't want a rematch with Aldo. IF Mac was to lose against Aldo in a rematch his Hype Train would go off the rails. One loss in a late replacement fight with Diaz was forgiveble but a second loss to a FW moving up to LW would be very bad for Mac. More importantly to the UFC income..

In no way am I saying that Aldo walks in there and wins against Conner. But if it did it would cause to much damage to Conner's brand, therfore it's not worth the risk when there's quite a few top LW's waiting for a shot at the belt.

i think they need less unification of titles across weight classes and more title fights. people should be defending titles

Casuals will buy it
This is also a possibility, and i agree most likely their more favorable one.

Even if that match were to happen, it wouldn't go down until the end of the year. I'm not sure Tony wants to wait that long unless he for sure gets offered McNugget for the actual title. If the UFC is gonna set up a lightweight interim title fight, it needs to happen this summer. I'd vote for Ferguson vs Barboza

no. UFC don't give a shit about baldo lol he was a worse draw then mighty mouse b4 he got knocked out in 13 seconds

Yes please, I wanted Aldo to move up for a long time. Maybe its a good thing Conor beat him as he isn't chasing the record for title defences.

aldo will not let the fw belt go to fight ferguson

he'd do it for conor.

It should be Barboza vs Tony for the interim title.
Barboza is awesome, but a title shot off beating Dariush? That doesn't feel right.
I hope Aldo does move up, would definitely create some really good fresh fights. Think he'd give ferguson a good fight, but in the end i think Tony is too big for Aldo. I like Aldo's chances against pretty much any else in top 10 much better.

aldo will not let the fw belt go to fight ferguson

he'd do it for conor.
They wouldn't make him vacate. they really can't. They already set the precedent. Granted Aldo is not Conor draw-wise, but he's a legend and a big star within MMA.
I think they'd let him try, on the agreement that if he wins at LW, then he vacates the FW belt.

Casuals will buy it

You would buy it too

And the paper featherweight belt would be reduced to..... wait, what's worse than paper?

Back