What can a Motivated/Marinovich trained BJ Penn Accomplish?

Give a decent fight to Dennis Siver.

Nothing without a time machine

BJ has been shot since the 2nd Edgar fight.

He could fight in Japan or something. Maybe.

Penn should be fighting cans, trying to pad his record a bit a bit

Penn lost his mental edge during the 1st Edgar fight. And it never came back and never will. If he didn't knock Hughes out with basically the first punch he threw, I'm sure he would've gone on to lose that fight as well.

He's been an uninterested, unmotivated and uninspired fighter since losing his belt. No killer instinct. No confidence. No drive. He'll never beat a top 10 fighter again.

He would need PEDs at this point for it to make a difference.

being a fan of BJ somewhere along the way became binary. like politics. we spend so much time defending his legacy that we end up defending everything. because if we don't, the haters see a small crack in the window and use it to break in with their drama.

here's my attempt at finding middle ground.

he was one of the best ever. his run from UFC 31 to UFC 58 was unrivaled, until Conor. and that was before he held a LW strap. evidence in the last 10 years proves that new fans will never get it, so i won't bother trying to explain further; you'll just have to trust me on what it was like.

but he's been a non factor since the Edgar II bout, and just needs to stop. fade away. enjoy life. find a new hobby. maybe grapple instead of fight. Vitor doesn't want to retire, so let's see BJ v Vitor in Sub Underground.

there's my balanced view. hope you all can handle it.

2010 bj penn found and murdered adolf hitler.
2010 bj penn outran usian bolt.
2010 bj penn walked into the disney store, and walked to the back without an employee greeting him.
2010 bj penn led seal team six.

But as soon as 2011 hit..2010 bj penn was gone.....

Maybe he can make it through a fight without getting finished

Him losing a unanimous decision is about the height for him these days

I personally think the early days BJ Penn was good. His 2nd run in the UFC was basically him beating up average fighters and losing to anyone elite until he started sliding badly.

Give a decent fight to Dennis Siver.

Always been a fan of bj, but I think his time is done...I think he will lose to Siver...and probably lose badly..he is totally shot...No change in trainers is going to matter...

Back