What would happen if some fighters got paid 1k/1k to fight?

mmacasualviewer

Hardcores vs Casuals
@red
Reaction score
Im talking the market value of some of these fighters.

I don't think it would hurt the product. I think you'd just get a lot more Mike Perry types top 20 jobbers who like to stand and bang. Be interesting if you had the 10th or 15th ranked fighter in a division. Very boring. Wrestlerapes everybody. But is told to risk his chin for 1/1.

Im talking the market value of some of these fighters.

I don't think it would hurt the product. I think you'd just get a lot more Mike Perry types top 20 jobbers who like to stand and bang. Be interesting if you had the 10th or 15th ranked fighter in a division. Very boring. Wrestlerapes everybody. But is told to risk his chin for 1/1.
why would anyone "stand and bang" for $2k?

I say they should get a 40oz. and a box of nerds.

200/200 is common in regional for first timers. But UFC is not regional and acts as the pros so they can't back track on fighter pay. Honestly prob in long term interests to bump it up a little more

There's plenty of jobbers who would go on a 5 or 10 fight spree for free. Once they get their head bounced like a bowling ball, they retire or demand cash.

How much did Branch get at WSOF?

There's plenty of jobbers who would go on a 5 or 10 fight spree for free. Once they get their head bounced like a bowling ball, they retire or demand cash.

How much did Branch get at WSOF?
name them?

You think Mike Perry & Tank Abbott wouldn't fight for free?

You think there aren't tough guys won't got on a 5 KO streak and then go back to their home as a legend.

Offpeak Tank Abbott is a bigger draw than 90% of today's UFC roster.

why would anyone "stand and bang" for $2k?
I made less for my pro debut.. it happens. Most undercard and first time fighters in Bellator, make a little bit more then that to show. UFC not long ago, had people fighting for 5k/5k, etc.. it's a new sport, in time, the money will come, if the popularity of the sport continues to rise.

I made less for my pro debut.. it happens. Most undercard and first time fighters in Bellator, make a little bit more then that to show. UFC not long ago, had people fighting for 5k/5k, etc.. it's a new sport, in time, the money will come, if the popularity of the sport continues to rise.
Im meaning in the UFC

I had my first Muay Thai fight for £50 lol, so I understand that people do it for the love of it early on. But at the highest level they deserve compensated properly

if you ever make it I hope you get paid accordingly ;)(also get onto a mod, get yourself a pro fighter tag)

You think Mike Perry & Tank Abbott wouldn't fight for free?

You think there aren't tough guys won't got on a 5 KO streak and then go back to their home as a legend.

Offpeak Tank Abbott is a bigger draw than 90% of today's UFC roster.
Proof?

Back