JDS again
Rothwell
Hunt
Kharitonov
Lesnar
Mir
Carwin
Struve

about a decade worth of title defenses....

Overeem/Werdum winner, Cain, and avenging his Struve loss would do it, imo.

not so much who he beats but how long he remains champ and how many title defenses he has.

Ronda
Conor
Mike Perry
Northcutt
VanChamp

Overeem/Werdum winner, Cain, and avenging his Struve loss would do it, imo.

Struve might have trouble making it to a title fight, unless he's significantly improved.

Fedor only had only 3 title defenses in PRIDE.
He also had his Affliction title defenses against Timmeh and Arlvoski. And he did win a heavyweight Grand Prix in Pride as well.

Stipe just needs to keep winning and build an auro of invincibility the way all the potential GOATs have.

Stipe's average level of opponent talent per fight will be higher than Fedor's, but Fedor also has many more top 5/10 wins.

Plus Stipe has two real losses already on the books.

His fans shouldn't put the cart before the horse...remember when Cain was destined to be the GOAT?

IMO, He has to beat anyone put in front of him for the next half a decade at least to take the title of HW GOAT from Fedor.

Cain, Werdum again, Overeem again, Ngannou, Lewis, Hong Man Choi, Jaideep Singh. That should just about do it.

Pretty much lap the entire division like Prime Fedor did in Pride.

Fedor only had only 3 title defenses in PRIDE.
different times, bub.
But IMO my point stands.
HW is shallow now as it was before. Perhaps even more.
Miocic beats Cain (if he ever fights again time enough to get a TS) and Werdum, there are absolutely no one left for him.
So he will fight whatever is available, which will be akin with Fedor's monster fights.

I don't think there will ever be monsters like Hong Man Choi, but there sure will be some over-hyped Cans for Miocic as well.

So if he spends about as long as Fedor was unbeaten, I do believe it will be about the same strength of competition (taking into account the evolution of times and the sport, of course).

I could care less about Fedor but going undefeated for so long even against cans is literally the measuring stick for HW's. No two ways around it. Besides the HW division is trash, Steep is good but he's literally just the only guy without 5000000000000000000miles on his odometer. He's got a fairly limited skill set and isn't particularly remarkable its hard to call him GOAT regardless. He's had an amazing run and has shut top 5 HW's the fuck down in the first round 4 times ina row and you cant knock him for that. But it'll be really hard to start comparing him to greats.

You can easily say Fedor fought a ton of cans, which has some truth to it. But you can also say Stipe fought nothing but shot old men, which would also have some truth to it. But besides Ngannou who has a few millennia to go before he's ready for the top tier, literally everyone in the division is a shot old man. So fuckit, War Stipe

he already has by virtue of not ducking the UFC to crush cans

Back