Kajan Johnson Just Revealed There is 4 yrs Left of the Reebok Deal

Vulcan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
just said so in the nose's show also said reebok ain't happy with the negative rep they're getting.

They did sign a 6 year deal 2 years ago

Still a long ass time, not even half way there...

They can't even spell the names correctly and they aren't pleased with the negative rep?

Who exactly does Reebok think they are?

Not really breaking news or anything... they announced it when they signed the deal

The real story here is that Ragin' Al slapped Kajan Johnson's food straight out of his hand and Kajan didn't do fookin' nootin'. Got clowned in front of everyone. Now he's trying to shift the narrative to Reebok as a diversion. Sad!

Where has Kajan Johnson been hasn't fought in a while he was always exciting in regional shows and was looking forward to him in the UFC.

But yeah I doubt Reebok is gonna sign up again, all the fighters just shit on them 24/7 even the ones who don't never actually rep Reebok they just say it's not that bad or they don't care, hardly glowing support.

Reebok deal was one of the stupidest ideas the UFC ever had.

I get that Reebok aren't happy with the bad rep, and some of that is on the UFC as I think they are the ones that actually dole out the money to the fighters, Reebok just hand over a lump sum. But Reebok aren't doing themselves any favors either - their designs are shit. I'd rather walk down the street in an old school affliction t-shirt than one of these fight kit tops (which cost something stupid like $90 just for a t-shirt).

I wont buy any Reebok UFC stuff, but then I probably wasn't going to anyway. This has however made me think twice about buying anything Reebok, and I'm probably not the only one.

I can imagine Reebok wanting this deal to end as soon as possible just like the fighters.

Hate on Ariel yet still tune in to his 4 hour show every week, eh?

I get that Reebok aren't happy with the bad rep, and some of that is on the UFC as I think they are the ones that actually dole out the money to the fighters, Reebok just hand over a lump sum. But Reebok aren't doing themselves any favors either - their designs are shit. I'd rather walk down the street in an old school affliction t-shirt than one of these fight kit tops (which cost something stupid like $90 just for a t-shirt).

I wont buy any Reebok UFC stuff, but then I probably wasn't going to anyway. This has however made me think twice about buying anything Reebok, and I'm probably not the only one.

I can imagine Reebok wanting this deal to end as soon as possible just like the fighters.

I won't buy any Reebok stuff, but all MMA related march looks horrible. The UFC has a cleaner look now and i get what they did it.

I won't buy any Reebok stuff, but all MMA related march looks horrible. The UFC has a cleaner look now and i get what they did it.
Yeah I get why the UFC did it, they seem to be the only ones benefiting from it.

just said so in the nose's show also said reebok ain't happy with the negative rep they're getting.
its not a secret lol. they signed the deal around june 2015 so its been almost 2 years. 6 year deal

Oh, I am sure they aren't too pleased. Reebok thought they were getting a good deal for their branding by investing into a growing sport. It was a good deal on their end. I can't really blame. How can you?

It's the UFC's fault. The UFC knew exactly how much sponsors were paying fighters and the UFC is the one who accepted the deal. I can't believe I am saying this but Reebok is being unfairly blamed for this.

Then we have a bunch of fighters that come out and talk bad about Reebok and it's terrible pay like Reebok is suppose to do something about. They should be bitching at the UFC for ripping them off.

Reebok could do right by many of the fighters and invest in more individual sponsorship. Instead they have allowed this deal to fester for two years driving a wedge deeper between ownership and the fighters.

Four years from now the UFC roster could be thinned out a great deal more if other companies start to get more support behind the competition. It won't take too much for a few good sponsors to offer up substantial pay increases alongside a Bellator contract offer. I think this is happening on a small scale as fighters like Larkin and MacDonald are seeing reasonable offers with the possibility to grow the sponsor income to unlimited potential.

I am not all that confident that the UFC ownership is going to be happy with their product 2 or 3 years from now. These owners have made some questionable decisions already regarding roster choices and their biggest star seems headed off to boxing for at least one fight. Many believe Conor won't return to the UFC after such a big pay day but I think he will, but only after another massive pay request.

The USADA is picking at roster threads. One of these days they are going to pull one or two that have a devastating effect on the bottom line.

No one has talked much about the lawsuits that the UFC is facing, however they have not gone away.

There is a very good chance that the UFC could turn into a lemon over the next couple of years if the management makes too many mistakes and missteps. I truly that they don't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back