Kajan Johnson Says Tri-Star Teammate Rory MacDonald is Making $400k Per Fight in Bellator

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

Have a hard time believing this is true but if so, good shit Rory. Make that paper.

interesting. a tad better than the reported $59k/fight he was making in the UFC (source, source).

of course we don't know any of the real numbers. but that won't stop us from extrapolating.

good for him.

happy for him. he deserves it

I hope gsp gave him the passive income talk like he did nick

Wow that's crazy if true. I don't see how Bellator can even afford that. They only drew 600,000 for that event. How can they even be making money at this point.

The prestige of having his own Fight Kit though......

Wow that's crazy if true. I don't see how Bellator can even afford that. They only drew 600,000 for that event. How can they even be making money at this point.
Dat Viacom money brah

He didn't have any sponsors either. So he'll make more in future fights when he has sponsors lined up.

Have a hard time believing this is true but if so, good shit Rory. Make that paper.

rory made 59k show in ufc

mmafighting.com wrote hes making in the neighborhood of 5 times that now

checks out i guess

rory made 59k show in ufc

mmafighting.com wrote hes making in the neighborhood of 5 times that now

checks out i guess
#DatBellatorMoney. Rory should lead the charge of courting fighters over to Bellator. I hope Lorenz Larkin got something similar. Probably not 400k but it's gotta be well above 100k show.

interesting. a tad better than the reported $59k/fight he was making in the UFC (source, source).

of course we don't know any of the real numbers. but that won't stop us from extrapolating.

good for him.

He's missing out on those reebok dollars though.

didn't coker did this exact same mistake that made strikeforce bankrupt?

mjSu1iO_zpsquz2jwk9.gif

he's worth more to Bellator than he is to the UFC

how much do you think Bellator is paying everyone else?

i'm willing to bet UFC pays higher on average

It's all speculation but I am sure it's more than the 59k he was getting paid by the UFC. Good move by Bellator.

Lol at some people in this thread who are saying he's worth more to Bellator than the UFC. The UFC is the premier MMA organization. Rory is a top 5 fighter and he easily beat the current UFC champion. The guy brings legitimacy to the UFC. It was a stupid move by them. They should be cutting PVZ and Sage's purse and giving it to him instead.

Last edited:
didn't coker did this exact same mistake that made strikeforce bankrupt?

Strikeforce did not go bankrupt.
They sold to Zuffa.

Coker would not be free to do whatever he wants with finances at Bellator. There are people that he answers to.

His stock is on the way up. I like Rory! Only 28 years old this kid will dominate for 4 years.

Back