FS1 Prelims:

Steve Bosse vs. Jared Cannonier
Elias Theodorou vs. Brad Tavares
Julianna Lima vs. Amanda Ribas
Marcel Fortuna vs. Jordan Johnson

Fight Pass Prelims:

Jessica Eye vs. Aspen Ladd
**TUF 25 Featured Prelim**

Minus the TUF Finale matchups, it seems that the latest TUF Finale card is basically complete. Please keep in mind that the bout order for this card has not yet been determined. The one above was one I made purely for the sake of the thread. Witht hat being said, what do you guys think of this card? I love the Main Event and there are a few bouts I'm interested in like Diakiese vs. Klose and Fortuna vs. Johnson but not much to be excited about IMO. I do think Ishihara is going to knock Maynard dead into retirement, so that should be fun but also a bit sad. This one is all about the Main Event for me. Not much else to be interested in. If I had to rate this card, I'd give it a 5.5-6/10 and that's just for the Main Event really. Very excited for Gaethje's debut.

What do you guys think?

Main event aside, another infamous UFC shitty card

Edit: meh it's not too bad actually

4/10

It looks pretty good for a finale card. Not a lot of marquee names, but I think there are some compelling even match-ups.

CB Dolloway vs. Ed Herman???
What year is it????

5/10.

As TUF Finales go, I've seen much worse.....for a start, the TUF fights are limited to a minimum. I'm expecting something like Nijem vs. Jesse Taylor as the final, the featured prelim being the losing semi-finalists (disclaimer - I don't know the finalists and I've read online 'publicly' that James Krause had a bad staph infection meaning he's highly unlikely to be a finalist).

Gaethje/Johnson is cool;
Diakiese/Klose will be fireworks while it lasts;
Bosse fights are always fucking brilliant and Cannonier is a bomber so that's a sure-fire winner for FOTN.
Theodorou vs. Tavares is likely gonna be boring but it's kind of higher-level than most TUF Finale fights we see nowadays.
Jordan Johnson is a blue-chip prospect in a thin division so that's gonna be a good one.

However, way too much WMMA and Gray Maynard/Ed Herman/CB Dollaway on the main card in 2017 does nothing for me.

4/10. Excited for the main event, excited for Diakese vs Klose, and interested in seeing Aspen Ladd. That's about it. Too many fights with zero consequences to their divisions.

5/10.

As TUF Finales go, I've seen much worse.....for a start, the TUF fights are limited to a minimum. I'm expecting something like Nijem vs. Jesse Taylor as the final, the featured prelim being the losing semi-finalists (disclaimer - I don't know the finalists and I've read online 'publicly' that James Krause had a bad staph infection meaning he's highly unlikely to be a finalist).

Gaethje/Johnson is cool;
Diakiese/Klose will be fireworks while it lasts;
Bosse fights are always fucking brilliant and Cannonier is a bomber so that's a sure-fire winner for FOTN.
Theodorou vs. Tavares is likely gonna be boring but it's kind of higher-level than most TUF Finale fights we see nowadays.
Jordan Johnson is a blue-chip prospect in a thin division so that's gonna be a good one.

However, way too much WMMA and Gray Maynard/Ed Herman/CB Dollaway on the main card in 2017 does nothing for me.
I'd rather see Bosse/Cannonier and Johnson/Fortuna on the Main Card over fights like those but no way it actually happens. The UFC prefers the names go on the Main Card. Those other fights will definitely be better though.

Solid 6/10 (subject to change)

gaethje/johnson and klose/diakese are the only fights worth watching.

i hope gray gets a win without getting hit or hurt and retires.

and tavares always has the potential to be the most exciting fighter on teh card.

Diakiese/Drakkar is gonna steal the show.

Also Gaethje is gonna throw bombs and Bosse/Cannon is guaranteed to be fun. Solid for a TUF card 6.5/10.

i hope gray gets a win without getting hit or hurt and retires.

and tavares always has the potential to be the most exciting fighter on teh card.
I think there's around an 80% chance Gray gets knocked the fuck out. At this point a strong wind will have him on shaky legs.

Back